McCort vs. Westmont

Shoot the half!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

McCort vs. Westmont

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Has anyone else heard that Westmont added 10 female wrestlers to their roster just so McCort would have to forfeit?
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: McCort vs. Westmont

Post by sparky »

That would be hilarious!
Live Life to the fullest
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Hilarious?  What exactly does that teach the kids?  We don't think we can beat them, so we are going to use girls to get FF.  Yeah, hilarious.  This is why numbers in wrestling are dying. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Divine retribution?
It ain't over until it's over.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

I find it interesting...McCort can take Westmonts best wrestlers and that's OK...so Westmont is going to use their resources and that's NOT ok...I hope Westmont goes through with it and Bishop McCort Mat Club has to forfeit...it would be ironic...
pancgrappler2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by pancgrappler2 »

The most ironic part of this is that for year's, Bishop McCort and other private high schools have taken advantage of a PIAA rule that does not apply to them to gain a competitive advantage.  Now, it seems that Westmont can take advantage of a Catholic diocese rule that does not apply to public school teams to gain a competitive advantage.  But when the Bishops were making a farce out of the transfer rules all of these years, the response was always "we're not breaking any rules".  Now they will be crying foul all over Osborne Street!! It seems to me that Westmont is not breaking any rules here.  What goes around always comes around.  I hope that Westy pulls the trigger on it.  Go Hilltoppers!  
DoCoogie
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DoCoogie »

Yeah, Everett, because Westmont, a perennial wrestling powerhouse, has done this before?  And what was the lesson being taught when McCort wanted to go back on their word and get out of their contract with Westmont early?
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

I said this at the beginning of the year every team in LHAC should of forfeited their match with BMHS make a stand against the blatant disregard for the PIAA rules i.e.. openly recruiting that would be Devine redemption!!
Digger
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Digger »

I think Westy owes them this one. BM basically robbed a D6 team title from them and now both Westy and BM will be mediocre at best. I'm surprised no one else is doing it. 
CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Post by CrimsonLion »

They didn't take any Westmont wrestlers, they're McCort students. The school started their own program and they are wrestling for their own school. If anyone should be upset by losing kids how do you think Johnstown feels because most of those kids all reside in the Greater Johnstown School District.

Digger while I do think if the team stayed combined they could've competed for a state title, how are they mediocre? They are still two of the top teams in D6 AA