McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Shoot the half!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: McCort wrestling/athletic program gets probation.

Post by 12HankQB »

If a kid is 6' 3" in junior high, he may end up at 5' 9" in high school
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I know at portage we have open gym occasionally and have kids from ebensburg, FH, PC come and play, doesn’t mean they are recruiting the kids. When kids care about certain sports they will go anywhere to play and get better.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Corruption at Shawshank

Post by odoyelrules »

boxer156 wrote:
Manfred wrote:
Crushersports wrote:Big surprise, the upper crust folks at Westmont have been crying for two years since they lose McCort in their co-opinion and certain parents have had a vendetta against them since. You never saw these parents **** and whine when Westmont had kids from three schools and was kicking everyone's asses.
You're probably right, but I think it had something to do with a kid from Bedford/ Florida/ Chestnut Ridge.
Watch what you say about a underage kid.  Before you run your mouth why don't you wait until the facts are out.  We have not been contacted by anyone, and have nothing but good things to,say,about McCort.  
Take your trolling elsewhere and keep my kid out of it.  If you have additional comments, please feel free to,speak to me directly.  
 If you were not at least contacted by anybody then it appears that the D6 investigation was not thorough.  At a minimum it is unique for an elite athlete to attend a private school an hour away from home.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

The real issue is the unfair advantage that private schools have, whether kids are recruited or go on their own free will. Can someone give me a good reason why the PIAA doesn't see this inequity, or doesn't care? And why do the privates so badly want to stay in the PIAA? Is there some monetary reward for beating up on the publics? Many of the smaller sports- bball, volleyball, softball, have essentially become travel/AAU teams at the private schools. What do they get out of beating-up inferior public schools? It's like these clowns that put travel teams into rec leagues. No one is getting anything out of that!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

They'll take anyone's money.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I get that they'll take anyone's money tuition-wise, but does winning the 6-A district play-offs really make them more money? Wouldn't they attract those same kids if they were winning the West Central PA private school district play-offs?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The PIAA will take anyone's money as well.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The PIAA could run the private play-offs as well. And they'd probably make more money in the long run as public schools tend to bring more fans.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The PIAA has already expanded the playoffs to award six champions, why not expand that to ten, twelve or fifty-seven.
dragonfootball2001
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Corruption at Shawshank

Post by dragonfootball2001 »

boxer156 wrote:
Idiot....they didnt bring my kids name into it---YOU did.  Again, don't hide behind a computer, feel free to speak with an adult direct.  What you said is slander, as we were never contacted by anyone.  Feel free to read the documents when they get disclosed.  
I believe it's libel when it's written, not slander.   Back to law school, man.