Official BleacherCoach

Cassidy to Bedford

Post by SportsFan96 »

west33
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Cassidy to Bedford

Post by west33 »

Why would he leave a great ridge program to a struggling Bedford program?
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

west33 wrote:Why would he leave a great ridge program to a struggling Bedford program?
its the kids right who are we to question kaden
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

west33 wrote:Why would he leave a great ridge program to a struggling Bedford program?
Isn't it possible that he and his family moved to Bedford for a nonwrestling reason?
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

odoyelrules wrote:
Isn't it possible that he and his family moved to Bedford for a nonwrestling reason?
Personally I would say not a chance, since this is the third school in three years.  But everyone can be wrong once in a while...
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Actually, it may be his fourth as I think I remember a Tribune Democrat interview where he said he was temporarily enrolled at a H.S. in Florida between McCort and Ridge. I’d venture to say strictly from that article that all of these moves were made with wrestling as the driving factor.
bcor
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by bcor »

Winner at 132 in the 2019 Thomas ...

132 Kaden Cassidy Bedford, PA (Bedford) DEC Garret Cornell Everett, PA (Everett), 2-1

So ... what was he doing after he won the match? I was watching on Cement Job (as were 320+ others) ... and could not tell if it was harmless woofing after a tough match ... or if he was taunting Cornell?

The radio guys (who are GREAT, by the way) seemed to indicate that they will get a rematch or 2 or 3 during the post-season ...
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Sounds like the kid was excited to overcome an earlier loss in the season.  Key word, kid.  Keep in mind this kid has been through a lot, and a lot of which is/was out of his control/decision.  Obviously a little talk with a mentor/coach that this isn't an acceptable behavior needs to happen, but this is no different than a football player standing over someone after a big hit, a hooper posing a bit too long after knocking down a three, 
Kid made a mistake, kids make mistakes.  Correct the behavior and hope he and others learn from it.
Thanks!
mstaken1986
Freshman
Freshman

Post by mstaken1986 »

As far as people’s reactions in the gym, in my opinion everyone is allowed to have their own opinions and many took offense to the gesture. Hopefully it is a lessened learned. I feel when Cornell won earlier in the year he was very humble and respectful after he won, it needed to be reciprocated back this time. Even if it was supposed to be for his friends he should think how it would make his opponent feel. They have more times to meet up and would not like to see any drama again just a great match to watch!