PIAA Team and Individual Championships..

Shoot the half!!!
Stonycreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

PIAA Team and Individual Championships..

Post by Stonycreek »

will now be broadcast on Flowrestling (and can be viewed with a Flowrestling subscription) and no longer will be on PCN. This will be carried out through 2022.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6337793-flosports-announces-streaming-partnership-with-piaa
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Team and Individual Championships..

Post by Manfred »

Lots of schools cancelled today, and tomorrow as well. Does anyone know of the tri-dual scheduled for Penns Valley will go as scheduled?
It ain't over until it's over.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Stonycreek wrote:will now be broadcast on Flowrestling (and can be viewed with a Flowrestling subscription) and no longer will be on PCN. This will be carried out through 2022.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6337793-flosports-announces-streaming-partnership-with-piaa
For a lot of wrestling fans it’s a win because they already have flo and can watch all matches not just the finals on PCN. And I believe overall viewers will go up simply because flo is an internet broadcast so it’s world wide. Personally, if it was in addition to, instead of replacing PCN... I’d be cheering and tickled. But making it only on a pay site is IMO a horrible deal for wrestling fans in PA. The casual fans are now not watching, all the people that tune in because local wrestler or team is doing well will no longer watch...
Growing the sport within Pa is now for all intents and purposes is dead
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

PCN has always been a pay site for many people. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Folks with satellite can't even get that.
It ain't over until it's over.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

I know... but you go from a smaller percentage to nobody unless you pay. That’s why I liked the idea of “in addition to” the more people it’s available to the better. The people that want it can get it... but one thing not being mentioned.... flo coverage people are good..... their service sucks!!! Every high demand broadcast I’ve tried to watch was either interrupted, froze, lost either video or audio... etc.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I have a flo account and have never had a problem with the video feeds.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Good to hear. Gives me some hope. Every time a few of us got together and set up to watch something there’s been an issue of some kind.guess we’ll have to keep grinding for 4 more years anyway lol
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:
Stonycreek wrote:will now be broadcast on Flowrestling (and can be viewed with a Flowrestling subscription) and no longer will be on PCN. This will be carried out through 2022.
For a lot of wrestling fans it’s a win because they already have flo and can watch all matches not just the finals on PCN. And I believe overall viewers will go up simply because flo is an internet broadcast so it’s world wide. Personally, if it was in addition to, instead of replacing PCN... I’d be cheering and tickled. But making it only on a pay site is IMO a horrible deal for wrestling fans in PA. The casual fans are now not watching, all the people that tune in because local wrestler or team is doing well will no longer watch...
Growing the sport within Pa is now for all intents and purposes is dead
and your basing that on what about the growth being dead?? 
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Point being casual fans (with kids) that won’t be watching. Viewership will go up based off worldwide members.... but there’s no way I’ll believe droves PA “casual fans” will be signing up for flo. Yes there will be some diehards that don’t already have it that sign up.... but overall instate viewers will go down. A sport doesn’t grow with shrinking numbers of viewers