Bedford hires new coaches

Shoot the half!!!
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Bedford hires new coaches

Post by SportsFan96 »

Bedford hires Taylor Cahill as its Head Varsity Wrestling Coach. Assistants will Include Toby and Tanner Cahill, Gavin Teasdale, Cory Thomas, Ryan Easter, Tanner Williams, Sam Carroll, Tanner Ripple & Bryce Fochtman.
I believe this is one of the only times Bedford has ever hired someone from outside the program before.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bedford hires new coaches

Post by Manfred »

The Krebs family are Bedford Legends, but that sounds like a heluva potent staff. Congrats.
It ain't over until it's over.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Manfred wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:07 am The Krebs family are Bedford Legends, but that sounds like a heluva potent staff. Congrats.
I think you mean creps manfred.

SportsFan96 you would be correct this Is the first time Bedford has hired someone outside the program
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

Potentially big hire for Bedford!! I've seen their Junior High team having success and heard the elementary program has some high level kids as well. That seems like a great staff and could easily propel Bedford into the top tier of teams in the region and state again if they can coach as well as they all once wrestled. I love the Berlin/Bedford combination there.... lol

Congratulations to the Bisons for trying to get their program back on the map.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Wrasslerfan wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:32 pm
Manfred wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:07 am The Krebs family are Bedford Legends, but that sounds like a heluva potent staff. Congrats.

SportsFan96 you would be correct this Is the first time Bedford has hired someone outside the program
Apologies for the misspelling.
It ain't over until it's over.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Manfred wrote: May 18th, 2023, 8:24 am
Wrasslerfan wrote: May 17th, 2023, 10:32 pm

Apologies for the misspelling.
It's cool apologies accepted
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
silentbob
Senior
Senior

Post by silentbob »

This is a very intriguing hire after I look closer.

Bedford I don't think has ever hired a wrestling coach from outside of Bedford. It looks like they are going all in to try and rejuvenate the program. The hire kind of mirrors what Chestnut Ridge has done.

CR has Deputy who is a former Bedford guy but he also runs a wrestling club. Bedfords new coach also a club coach. Bishop McCort has the same setup with Coach Bassett.

It will be interesting to see if Bedford can generate any of the success like those other 2 programs have.
rainmaker
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by rainmaker »

It is interesting to see what each person's definition of "generate success" might be.

Club team becomes School team. That seems to be the process.