Team Previews...

Shoot the half!!!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Team Previews...

Post by Coach »

I would love to see some team previews written up. So if anyone has time and energy and knows alot about a certain team...PLEASE provide me with some good reading :wink:
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

ill see if i can give a little bit of a round up for all the D5 teams...

North Star - the obvious team to beat this year...they had so many younger guys step up last year and their success will surely carry over to this year...brandon weimers graduation is the only major loss to this team...this year squad will feature three lascari boys...sal placed 7th at states last year at 125...if he stays healthy, which he had trouble with last year, he should place high...tony lascari made it to states last year after a nice run at regionals...i don’t know anything about the youngest lascari but im sure he is pretty tough...chuck wiltrout will also be a big contributor...i believe he has been to states twice and should make another appearance this year...throw in regional qualifiers boyer (103) and furman (215) along with solid wrestlers trevor anderson and chris abell and they should be solid top to bottom...

Berlin - probably north stars biggest competition this year...last year they upset the cougars at the district dual meet tournament and went on to beat nbc for the dual meet title...they also return a load of quality wrestlers...they will be led by stand outs luke lorson, eric d'carrion, seth cramer, jerad taylor, and troy hostetter...to go along with those studs they have adam darr, troy fochtman, aaron stockwell, and a few of their returning light weights will also add depth to the mountaineers...

Chestunt Ridge - the lions lost several key wrestlers from last years team which qualified for the district 5 dual meet championships...but they also have some talent coming back to pleasantville...they will be particularly strong in the light weights with derek howsare (103), brandon oldham (112), aaron oldham (119), jordan downey(125), and obie clark(130) solidifying the light weights...some other guys that should add depth to ridge are mike davis and joe fitzpatrick...

Northern Bedford - the panthers graduated an excellent senior class last year, most of which have been 3 year starters for nbc, however they do return a nice group of kids with a lot of experience on the mat...matt and jarod mellott should do very well in the light weights, while greg kilgore, tyler lynn, kevin brennen, and a healthy richard oldham should solidify the upper weights...

Bedford - the bisons only really lost four contributors to last years team(geisler, huxta, weyandt, ritchey), but their absence will surely be felt...luke shimmer should be back and healthy in the bedford light weights, while mike young and koleman dudek will bring their expertise to the middle weights...the upper weights, however, will most likely be a weak spot for the blue and white...

Hyndman - the graduation of derek scritchfield, brandon phennecie, and mj parsons will surely hurt the hornets, but they return the best lightweights in the district...PIAA 103 pound runner-up josh snyder and his standout brother jake return...the sophomores will not only lead the hornets throughout the regular season, but they will also be venturing deep into the post season...two other wrestlers that could make a run at the state tournament are junior marcus phennecie and sophomore district runner-up brent willison...justin minnick and cody clites should also be in the starting lineup for the university...

Everett - lost leader tom brambley to the university of pittsburgh at johnstown and hwt eric miller to juniata to play football, but the warriors have plans to put together decent season...last year everett advanced to the district dual meet tournament but was eliminated in the first round by northern bedford...key wrestlers coming back are state qualifier wade grimes (215) along with andrew nave (140), jacob brambley (145), and bill lamens (171)

Meyersdale - the red raiders should have a few decent wrestlers coming back in 2003/2004...light weights ryan murray, don sanner, mike phillips, and dan ackerman, should all do well this coming year...the middle weights will be filled by derek schrader and two time regional qualifier shane bowker...

Conemaugh Twp. - really had a down year last year and they do not look to be much better this year...the loss of 4 year standout phillip tunstall will be a dent in the indians armor...a few returning wrestlers for township are lightweights josh eash and josh feathers...

Tussey Mountain - program has really had some trouble in the past few years...hopefully they are bringing some solid wrestlers up through the elementary and junior high program...this years team will be led by senior doug swab, who should probably make a nice run at districs and advance to regionals...they also have jordon bollman back from last years team...

Shade - are they having a team this year???

i had a little free time on my hands... 8)
Last edited by S Cube on October 28th, 2003, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theoneandonly »

wow S Cube... you truely are an amazing man... only a man like yourself would be able to give a rundown like that off the top of his head 8)
Heart Break Kid
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Heart Break Kid »

i just figured it out..i know who s-cubed is......he truley is the man...

how bout it shane
"Pain is just weakness leaving the body"
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

its not very hard to figure out considering my name is at the bottom of my profile... :)
Structure8
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Structure8 »

Cube, not a bad good on the team previews. I hope to see a preview now after evey match this year. Nah, just messing, nice job.
"When you drink the water, remember the spring." ~Chinese proverb
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

Cubester, you forgot Claysburg......all returning starters from last year's team.......and with you reasy and swindell we only won by 3 points....A great team this year...with Leslie, Knott, Macintyre, and a few other key wrestlers.....

How about Central any info on them?
Panther Baseball #40
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

he made the post only about D5 teams....

a BIG miss was Pannebaker for the Panthers!
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
S Cube
Administrator Team
Administrator Team

Post by S Cube »

oh man...my bad coach...i was just checking out the brackets from districts last year and thats how i left him out...cant believe i forgot chris pannebaker...will at least 20 matches this year...look for him at regionals too...
NbCwReStLeR007
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by NbCwReStLeR007 »

Ohh I guess it was about D5 teams......but most of the D5 teams run into Claysburg sooner or later.....what district is Forest Hills?
Panther Baseball #40