The Altoona-johnstown roman catholic child abuse

Discuss all political matters here!
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: The Altoona-johnstown roman catholic child abuse

Post by 223113 »

Manfred, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." Absolutely. However, there are (or at least there should be) consequences for everything we do in life. Some good, some bad. In the occasions of what these Priests did,...they suffered no consequences. THAT, I cannot abide. You also mentioned, if you were Catholic you would "be in serious self-examination and look to find your spirituality somewhere else." I respect your opinion, that you would do that. Myself, I'm at peace with Catholicism. Remember, the Catholic faith doesn't Teach that child abuse/molestation is okay. What those Criminals did, has nothing to do with any Christian beliefs/teachings. So, I won't "throw the baby out with the bath water." Not sure if I said that in a way that makes sense.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

This is old news.  So old it doesn't even include the antics of Brother Baker.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

223113 wrote:Manfred, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." Absolutely. However, there are (or at least there should be) consequences for everything we do in life. Some good, some bad. In the occasions of what these Priests did,...they suffered no consequences. THAT, I cannot abide. You also mentioned, if you were Catholic you would "be in serious self-examination and look to find your spirituality somewhere else." I respect your opinion, that you would do that. Myself, I'm at peace with Catholicism. Remember, the Catholic faith doesn't Teach that child abuse/molestation is okay. What those Criminals did, has nothing to do with any Christian beliefs/teachings. So, I won't "throw the baby out with the bath water." Not sure if I said that in a way that makes sense.
I do agree with what you say, and I feel you understand where I am coming from as well.  But why does it seem so pervasive in this area?  It just seems that priests and bishops are like certain politicians, "I'm ___ and I am a ___, so I'm above reproach".   Nothing is done consequentially.  And the beat goes on.
It ain't over until it's over.