AAABA 2016

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAABA 2016

Post by Manfred »

Kenny's human, unlike the umpires who think they're god.
It ain't over until it's over.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Not fair to lump all umpires / officials together.  Some are great guys, good umpires.   They're not all arrogant.  
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

EDIT: There are a few decent ones; however, the ones who think they're god know who they are, as do we.
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Umpires should not affect the game, but they affect every game. Not a good one anywhere lol!
Splitfinger
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Splitfinger »

I've been heading down to the Point to watch some playoff Baseball. The Ophthalmic team gave Martellas all they could handle in their final 2 games. I really like the way ophthalmics coach goes about things. He had his guys ready to play. It just seemed like they couldn't buy a hit. Lots of at em balls were hit in those 2 games. Hogue and Dividock pitched 2 great games. I look for bigger and better things from that team come next season. I didn't stay for the late game tonight so I don't know what went on.
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

The OA team will be very competitive next season I feel.  They are very young I believe and have most of their main contribituers back.  It's nice to see a coach and team play the right way down there for a change.  Not gripe about every little thing and try to intimidate.  I was at a game at Roxbury a few weeks ago where an umpire got the heck beat out of him behind the plate.  Several foul balls off the mask, and one really bad one off (what looked like from the right field bleachers) off the arm that sent him down.  Not sure how he finished the game.  The coach for Paul Carpenters could have cared less and continued to argue the smallest of things.  The guy was in obvious pain, and that coach gave it to him even more after he got hurt.  I know I'll be supporting OA next season.  They do things right. 
sowthpaw5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by sowthpaw5 »

I've known Ken since we were teammates in the AAABA League. He's always been a stand up guy.
Using Tapatalk
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

It is nice to see "new blood" in the tournament this year. What was the season series score between Paul Carpenter's and Martella's?
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

Martella's just squeeking by OA I'm sure did more for OA than it did for Martella's. 7/19/2016, at 11:55 AM I'm going on record in saying that OA will be in the national tournament next season. They just need 2 or so quality arms.
Splitfinger
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Splitfinger »

I was not aware that Kenny had played in The AAABA league. Do you know who he played for? I have heard he was a good High School player and went on to play in college. I also think with a couple more quality pitchers, OA could make a run next year. Congratulations goes out to Carpenters for earning a spot in the National Tournament. If their pitching holds up they might make some noise in the tourney. The are a good hitting team.