2017 High School Baseball Season

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
pennstater1212
Freshman
Freshman

2017 High School Baseball Season

Post by pennstater1212 »

Practice starts in less than 2 weeks! Classifications are different in Districts 5 and 6. Teams have some new coaches around, who are they and who are the teams to beat this year? 
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: 2017 High School Baseball Season

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Meyersdale returns a nice 1-2 punch on the mound with possibly a third arm moving in as a freshman. Haven't seen the freshy play, just going by word of mouth. They should run the table in the south. Perhaps Berlin or Shanksville in the running for second in the WestPAC south. Shade may have to go a year without due to low sign Ups? North will be a 3 team race between portage, CT and Ferndale. I think CT has a deeper roster on the bump and will overcome the two for a meyersdale v CT WestPAC Championship, with the arm of Christner leading Meyersdale to the overall title in May. Meyersdale wins District V class A. Conemaugh Townships arms lead them to the title in District V AA. Best pitchers in the league are Christner, Gooden, Grosik. Best overall pitching roster for depth will be CT with Grosik, Platt, Foster and Poznanski. Just my WestPAC thoughts. Only time will tell if I am close to being correct.
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

Forgot about Roxby from Windber as a top arm. Rumor mill out of Windber is that they are struggling with numbers and could be in the same boat as Shade and maybe not have a team?
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

I agree Meyersdale as still one of the top riding those veteran arms. I did hear that about Windber, not sure if its true though. I look for the Laurel Highlands and the ICC to have some good battles. I think the new pitching rule will effect some of the top teams that could have rode one arm deep into the playoffs.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Why don't Shade and Windber just join already???
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

Bedford County Teams Scrimmages:

Bedford: 3/13 @ Allegany (Md), 3/21 @ McConnelsburg 
Chesnut Ridge: 3/18 @ Allegany (Md)
Hope for Hyndman: None listed
Everett: 3/14 Forrest Hills, 3/16 Meyersdale
Northern Bedford: None listed
Tussey Mountain: None listed
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

3/15: Somerset v Allegany
3/16: Bishop McCort v Kiski Area
None listed: Bishop Carroll, Bishiop Guilfoyle, Cambria Heights, Central Cambria, Johnstown, Northern Cambria, Penn Cambria
NBhooligan98
Freshman
Freshman

Post by NBhooligan98 »

Northern Bedford Scrimmages Portage
ISlapCats
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ISlapCats »

Who are your favorites for D6?
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

A has to be between Homer Center and Claysburg has some young talent. AA Bellwood and McCort looking solid. I think obviously Central the favorite in AAA followed by tough Mount Union and Richland teams. There's also some sleepers in there with AAA. AAAA I'm not as familiar with, nor AAAAA. So if I missed anyone who looks to have a good nucleus back, go ahead and chime in! Everyone forgets haha