2017 American Legion scores, news, questions, commentary,whatever.

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 2017 American Legion scores, news, questions, commentary,whatever.

Post by Manfred »

Saints move to 6-3 with a 5 inn. 13-0 over E'burg.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Why play at Sidman that field is trash. Sorry but it's true. Two weeks from now it will be a concrete parking lot and rock dump it probably already is.. Why not play in Portage or Lilly at least those fields are half decent....
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Well, for one thing, the Portage field is scheduled to be torn up this week I believe, to make it 'even better', so they will have to play on the JV field behind the stadium which is not as nice.   The varsity field has a 3 foot drop behind first base, and continues to the outfield fence.   And Lilly, must share the field at their park with the Lilly Conrad Chiropractic Senior League team, which has some priority over the Legion team.  It is what it is.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Manfred wrote:Well, for one thing, the Portage field is scheduled to be torn up this week I believe, to make it 'even better', so they will have to play on the JV field behind the stadium which is not as nice.   The varsity field has a 3 foot drop behind first base, and continues to the outfield fence.   And Lilly, must share the field at their park with the Lilly Conrad Chiropractic Senior League team, which has some priority over the Legion team.  It is what it is.
It's called Lilly-Washington War Memorial. The City League doesn't take priority over the Legion team . 
Jtwnbaseballguy
Junior
Junior

Post by Jtwnbaseballguy »

I hear things:
+ The "regular" Region 7 tournament is at Clearfield the weekend of July 15.
+ That weekend there is also a "Division 2" tournament for smaller zoned teams in the West being played at Somerset and Homer City.
+ Teams were allowed to go to the Division 2 tournament or participate in the league playoffs. Portage, Lilly and St. Michael signed up for Division 2 but St. Michael was omitted from the tournament at the last minute because "they are too good."
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:
Manfred wrote:Well, for one thing, the Portage field is scheduled to be torn up this week I believe, to make it 'even better', so they will have to play on the JV field behind the stadium which is not as nice.   The varsity field has a 3 foot drop behind first base, and continues to the outfield fence.   And Lilly, must share the field at their park with the Lilly Conrad Chiropractic Senior League team, which has some priority over the Legion team.  It is what it is.
It's called Lilly-Washington War Memorial. The City League doesn't take priority over the Legion team . 
Legion games are usually played on Sundays at 2 or 3 PM.  This past Sunday, Lilly hosted St. Mike @ 5:30, because Lilly Conrad Chiro had a game at 3 PM.  Priority.  The Legion team had to adjust its schedule, not the Sr. team.
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by hitnrun10r »

Manfred is right. I know 4 guys on the Lilly Adult team and they say that too. Lilly field wasn't the best the last couple times I was there either. Infield is very rough. Not as bad as others, but far from what it used to be. Plus, to host a regional, they want a field with a fence, not where it can bounce into a different dugout in deep center field.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Manfred wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
Legion games are usually played on Sundays at 2 or 3 PM.  This past Sunday, Lilly hosted St. Mike @ 5:30, because Lilly Conrad Chiro had a game at 3 PM.  Priority.  The Legion team had to adjust its schedule, not the Sr. team.
Ok. The city league moved their game Sunday and never told us . There was no game in Lilly Sunday prior to the legion game.There's no communication between City League and the use of the field because of bad blood between the people that run it. So the game was adjusted no communication... So the Legion takes priority. 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Jtwnbaseballguy wrote:I hear things:
+ That weekend there is also a "Division 2" tournament for smaller zoned teams in the West being played at Somerset and Homer City.
+ Teams were allowed to go to the Division 2 tournament or participate in the league playoffs. Portage, Lilly and St. Michael signed up for Division 2 but St. Michael was omitted from the tournament at the last minute because "they are too good."
"they are too good". That's funny....
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:
Jtwnbaseballguy wrote:I hear things:
"they are too good". That's funny....
Agreed.  And I don't doubt that you have better inside info than me, just wanted to make known what we were told.