2017 American Legion scores, news, questions, commentary,whatever.

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2017 American Legion scores, news, questions, commentary,whatever.

Post by hitnrun10r »

Saints should be back to form with them back. Bedford and Claysburg on Wednesday. Who knows what will happen with pitching for both of them. Hernandez has been throwing for Paul Carpenter AAABA, so hasn't thrown but a couple games for Bedford. Hickey probably done until playoffs. They also have the lefty Colledge who posted a 7-0 record through the regular season for Everett. Got a no decision with 6 IP against state champ Central. Haven't got to see him pitch but once when they played Chestnut Ridge in the playoffs. Claysburg should have guys back for this week just like St. Micheal. Should be a good week of legion baseball!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

With all the rainouts and makeups, its hard to keep a perfectly managed schedule . My bad.
It ain't over until it's over.
sydfinch
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sydfinch »

Thought neither would admit it, I'm sure neither Bedford or Claysburg want to see St. Michael in the first round with Cecere in the mix.
But if you're St. Michael (looking at you, Manfred), who would you rather play?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Lost a DH to Claysburg they could have won, both games, I wasn' t there.  Lost to them in Sidman last week, 17-8.   Lost @ Bedford 2-0 missing a couple starters, and lost yesterday 5-1 in Sidman, with the 2nd game of the DH scheduled for 10 AM tomorrow....weather and field conditions permitting.  I don't think it really matters at this point who they play, it's going to come down to pitching and defense for St. M.  With all hands on deck available, I will roll the dice against either.   Rain-shortened official win over Richland tonight 8-1 in the 5th.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Forfeits, forfeits, forfeits. Not enough guys. Coach I can't make it I have basketball,  football, graduation party, senior week, . The Legion league needs to cosolidate.  
You have your Claysburg big draw area, Bedford,  Somerset and Patton as well. It makes perfect sense to consolidate teams. St.Mikes and Portage, Lilly and Ebensburg and Richland and Cernics ( these two teams have more than one draw but year in and year out the're at the bottom of the standings). This would give all these one draw from one school teams more solid and could upset a Claysburg and a Bedford on any given night. Take the best 9 from each team form your 18 man roster and let's see what happens. There's enough games and DH to give fair and equal playing time to all. Especially with re-entry rule.
Try it for a year and see what happens.
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Coach, I'm not coming to the game. It's too hot.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:Forfeits, forfeits, forfeits. Not enough guys. Coach I can't make it I have basketball,  football, graduation party, senior week, . The Legion league needs to cosolidate.  
You have your Claysburg big draw area, Bedford,  Somerset and Patton as well. It makes perfect sense to consolidate teams. St.Mikes and Portage, Lilly and Ebensburg and Richland and Cernics ( these two teams have more than one draw but year in and year out the're at the bottom of the standings). This would give all these one draw from one school teams more solid and could upset a Claysburg and a Bedford on any given night. Take the best 9 from each team form your 18 man roster and let's see what happens. There's enough games and DH to give fair and equal playing time to all. Especially with re-entry rule.
Try it for a year and see what happens.
I understand what you are saying, but it isn't as simple a solution as that.  StM. made half a dozen kids unhappy when they couldn't make the cut, and a couple of them are playing on other teams because they really wanted to play, for anyone.  And, yet, only 12 or 13 are available on any given night because of vacations (that can't possibly be put off until the end of July?) The hotel rates at the beach are the same in June, July, and August, and the temps, air & water, are the same, so what is the issue?  Some parents must BID for their vacations, but you're telling me that they can't trade with someone else?  This I have to go to the beach, the hell with my TEAM- mates,  attitude sucks.

StM. defeated Bedford today, 7-3.  Their #4 or 5 pitcher vs our best.  Then the Saints rallied against another kid after the starter came out after 5 in.
daungst
Freshman
Freshman

Post by daungst »

Just a note, today's claysburg-Bedford game has been moved to Everett high school because of weather
FireOfTheDragon
Freshman
Freshman

Post by FireOfTheDragon »

Does anyone have a score for the claysburg vs. Bedford game?
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

Claysburg scores 3 in top 7 to win 10-9. Sloppy game !