Pre-Season Favorites

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pre-Season Favorites

Post by lgb87cape »

BigSkyCountry wrote:How about we take a look at current student athletes who are either verbally committed or are getting a serious look due to their performances/potential thus far. Just seems as I hear, it sounds as if there are a number of high performers that are moving on to represent our area at the next level and some high up in the next level (not pros, college). I may not know all of their names: Penn Cambrias lefty hurler - Pitt, Cecere - Wake Forest, Ertter - PSU, Pitcher from Chestnut Ridge - WVU, Gooden - Morehead State, and Pitcher from Mount Union - WVU. May be more verbals that I am unaware of - please feel free to add. I have heard that Somerset has a shortstop that may have committed to Duke? Dull from C. Ridge? Lefty hurler from Conemaugh Township? Pitcher from Hollidaysburg? Just a few that I am aware of. Thats a pretty healthy list IMO. I am sure not all are committed but I have at least heard that they are or should be on the radar for some.
Ronan PC , Pitt.. Servello verbal WVU.  Ertter ?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

lgb87cape wrote:
BigSkyCountry wrote:How about we take a look at current student athletes who are either verbally committed or are getting a serious look due to their performances/potential thus far. Just seems as I hear, it sounds as if there are a number of high performers that are moving on to represent our area at the next level and some high up in the next level (not pros, college). I may not know all of their names: Penn Cambrias lefty hurler - Pitt, Cecere - Wake Forest, Ertter - PSU, Pitcher from Chestnut Ridge - WVU, Gooden - Morehead State, and Pitcher from Mount Union - WVU. May be more verbals that I am unaware of - please feel free to add. I have heard that Somerset has a shortstop that may have committed to Duke? Dull from C. Ridge? Lefty hurler from Conemaugh Township? Pitcher from Hollidaysburg? Just a few that I am aware of. Thats a pretty healthy list IMO. I am sure not all are committed but I have at least heard that they are or should be on the radar for some.
Ronan PC , Pitt.. Servello verbal WVU.  Ertter ?
Ertter I believe committed to PSU
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Villegas?  Holtz?  Williams?  Joe Vitko.
The youngest guy from that bunch is 45.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

The local league wasn’t good enough for your kid. Nor were the local travel teams. How many trips did you take to Pittsburgh for practice? Where’s your kid playing now? Mt. Aloysius? Washington & Jefferson? He’s not? Oh well. You tried.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Now who's the Debbie Downer?
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Manfred wrote:Now who's the Debbie Downer?
Hope it's not me . I didn't say anything bad?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:
Manfred wrote:Now who's the Debbie Downer?
Hope it's not me . I didn't say anything bad?
Nah.  Mr. KIA who posted before my last one.  Sounds like he's had a bad day.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

That's a pretty good list.  I hope they all find success. 
Hardball29
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Hardball29 »

Stiffler from Somerset was drafted in the 7th round back in '13. There are a lot more guys from the area going to play at higher level D2 schools and mid major D1s. My opinion as to why is that recruiting in the Pittsburgh area has become so diluted, schools are now branching out to the surrounding areas. Somerset/Cambria county is becoming a honey hole for a lot of PSAC schools nowadays.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Nice list and good luck to all!  

However, there have always been kids from the tri-county area who have done well, played at college, etc.  Today's names are just publicized more because there isn't much else to cover in the papers.  Plus it behooves the, what is it now?? five or six local travel organizations???  to get names out there to keep the enterprise attracting more parents.  

But for a reality check, look at the backstop at Somerset or on any of the travel site commitment pages and see just how many of those kids who went somewhere to do something actually finished where they started.  Local college teams are crowded with kids who went somewhere else but ended up back home within 18 months.  Its kinda like Little League...  everyone is an all-star stud until they move up.  Everyone is also a stud when Mom and Dad are writing the checks.

But, hey, as long as they enjoy the ride, who cares.  That's what its all about!  Better than sitting on their asses doing nothing!