LHAC Baseball

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
justafan21
Freshman
Freshman

Re: LHAC Baseball

Post by justafan21 »

Manfred wrote:We have paid officials who don't know the rules.  Why expect a kid for the home team to know?  We had a game earlier, that Shope hit the left field foul pole above the fence, for a walk-off GS, yet the 2 "officials"  had to confer about it for at least 5 minutes.  EVERYONE knows that rule from little league and up.  But not the 2 bozo's.
wow, lol........it's a FAIR Pole not a foul pole, and a FAIR line, not a foul line......smh ( most don't realize that )
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

There was this one time in little league, I had an inside-the-park home run on a bunt to the 3rd baseman.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

justafan21 wrote:
Manfred wrote:We have paid officials who don't know the rules.  Why expect a kid for the home team to know?  We had a game earlier, that Shope hit the left field foul pole above the fence, for a walk-off GS, yet the 2 "officials"  had to confer about it for at least 5 minutes.  EVERYONE knows that rule from little league and up.  But not the 2 bozo's.
wow, lol........it's a FAIR Pole not a foul pole, and a FAIR line, not a foul line......smh ( most don't realize that )
"It's a hard hit ball, just inside the FOUL LINE, rolling all the way to the FOUL POLE."  By your reckoning, EVERY announcer at EVERY game EVER played is or was, wrong.
It ain't over until it's over.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

justafan21 wrote:Good gentleman, please DO NOT put weight into the stats that are entered in to MaxPreps. I know that “these are they only stats you have to go on”.....but they are very so often not correct - and actually, they are not correct on a game to game basis. Next time either of you all attend a game, keep your own scorebook. Then compare your box score/stats with those that both teams have entered into Game Changer ( you will see discrepancies ). Game Changer in turn is where the Coaches get the game stats to enter in to Max Preps. Pick a team/game that has already been played and scored/entered in to Game Changer. Now compare the box score with the other teams box score that they entered into Game Changer for that same game. More than likely, you will see differences in what was scored a hit, an RBI, a Sacrifice, and most importantly what was scored an Error. An error, or hit, will indeed change a whole box score ( BA, RBI’s, Earned Runs, Fielding %, etc.... ). Not sure if your all realize this, but there is no “official” scorekeeper for these games.....!!   And in fact, “most” of the teams’ scorekeepers are players who are not playing in the game, or student helpers. Check this out:  I know some ball players from a school here in the LHAC that has a family member of another player as an assistant coach for their team. These players openly joke and shake their heads because  this “family member”, who is a coach, scores hits for this kid when there is not doubt it was fielding errors that allowed him to reach base. We have played this same team, and I’ve witnessed this kid getting on base via fielding errors, and it was scored a hit in Game Changer via that teams account ( inflated stats.....)      Just don’t place too much stock in to what stats you see in Max Preps. Instead, attend a few ball games and  give these players the old fashioned “eye test”.    Game Changer has even made the local newspapers “lazy” - the sports editors just copy and paste game summaries from Game Changer. And in turn, the papers post categorical leaders from such a flawed system of scoring games.
I'm the only one that knows how to keep score.  :D
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

lgb87cape wrote:
justafan21 wrote:Good gentleman, please DO NOT put weight into the stats that are entered in to MaxPreps. I know that “these are they only stats you have to go on”.....but they are very so often not correct - and actually, they are not correct on a game to game basis. Next time either of you all attend a game, keep your own scorebook. Then compare your box score/stats with those that both teams have entered into Game Changer ( you will see discrepancies ). Game Changer in turn is where the Coaches get the game stats to enter in to Max Preps. Pick a team/game that has already been played and scored/entered in to Game Changer. Now compare the box score with the other teams box score that they entered into Game Changer for that same game. More than likely, you will see differences in what was scored a hit, an RBI, a Sacrifice, and most importantly what was scored an Error. An error, or hit, will indeed change a whole box score ( BA, RBI’s, Earned Runs, Fielding %, etc.... ). Not sure if your all realize this, but there is no “official” scorekeeper for these games.....!!   And in fact, “most” of the teams’ scorekeepers are players who are not playing in the game, or student helpers. Check this out:  I know some ball players from a school here in the LHAC that has a family member of another player as an assistant coach for their team. These players openly joke and shake their heads because  this “family member”, who is a coach, scores hits for this kid when there is not doubt it was fielding errors that allowed him to reach base. We have played this same team, and I’ve witnessed this kid getting on base via fielding errors, and it was scored a hit in Game Changer via that teams account ( inflated stats.....)      Just don’t place too much stock in to what stats you see in Max Preps. Instead, attend a few ball games and  give these players the old fashioned “eye test”.    Game Changer has even made the local newspapers “lazy” - the sports editors just copy and paste game summaries from Game Changer. And in turn, the papers post categorical leaders from such a flawed system of scoring games.
I'm the only one that knows how to keep score.  :D
Me too! So far I have Manfred- 3 Justafan- 2, it’s like an episode of Around the Horn
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I am humbled just to be included in such esteemed company. I can pass on having achieved the ultimate goal of making the Bleachercoach Elite.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Did Ridge vs FH get their game in yesterday?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Chestnut Ridge won 9-3
DFFSBA
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by DFFSBA »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Chestnut Ridge won 9-3
Oops! 
Manfred wrote:How many times do I have to say the better team won, and our day will come.  Since you keep digging up football, bring on your hoops & baseball teams.  I look forward to those wins.
http://www.bleachercoaches.com/wrestlin ... 67-10.html
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

So....any result from the DH w/ Somerset today?