District 6 Finals Tickets Baseball / Softball

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 6 Finals Tickets Baseball / Softball

Post by Manfred »

Whatever happened to "The customer is always right" adage? With businesses having a hard time staying afloat due to Covid, free Gov't. $$$ and people not wanting to actually work, one would think businesses would be bending over backward to get the consumers' money and putting asses in the seats .Oh well. I'll go to Legion and Johnstown Collegiate league games where I can choose to walk in, and I'll spend the $ that I might have spent at Curve stadium for a hot dog, a drink, and maybe 50-50 tickets, and THEY will be glad I'm there!
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

El-Moldo wrote: June 9th, 2021, 10:21 pm So what if you drive to the parking lot the day of the game. Then buy your ticket with your phone. Then, as you walk to the stadium to GET your ticket, you collapse and die before you pick up your ticket. Your family is then out the cost of the ticket which you never used. At least if you buy the ticket at a booth, you'll probably at least get inside the stadium.
How is it more likely to die waiting in line to pick up a ticket versus waiting in line to buy a ticket? I hadn't thought of this scenario, so now I want to play it out.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

costanza wrote: June 9th, 2021, 5:08 pm Hey Crimson, completely off topic here, but did the Bair kid from McCort pitch at all this year? He is a pretty top prospect isn't he? I figured he would be hard for other teams to touch if he was pitching.
I think he just played first and DH'd. He pitched in their scrimmage, then shut it down for the year I think. Not sure if he ever pitched after that. I'm not sure if it was an actual injury, general soreness, precautionary, or Pitt told him to do it.

But yea, he tops out 91-93, and had 89 strikeouts in 50 innings as a freshman and sophomore. So he probably would've led McCort to an extra couple wins I'd imagine.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You are MORE likely to die WHILE WALKING (exerting energy) to the gate from your car to pick up your ticket (already purchased), than standing at the gate casually waiting to purchase your ticket.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

You don't pick up the tickets you order online. You either have it on your phone or print it out on paper. The bigger drawback I see is the extra fees you have to pay when you buy a ticket online. I can see why they do it though. It's definitely easier on the sites and needing less people to work and not have to deal with all the cash.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: June 10th, 2021, 10:52 am
costanza wrote: June 9th, 2021, 5:08 pm Hey Crimson, completely off topic here, but did the Bair kid from McCort pitch at all this year? He is a pretty top prospect isn't he? I figured he would be hard for other teams to touch if he was pitching.
I think he just played first and DH'd. He pitched in their scrimmage, then shut it down for the year I think. Not sure if he ever pitched after that. I'm not sure if it was an actual injury, general soreness, precautionary, or Pitt told him to do it.

But yea, he tops out 91-93, and had 89 strikeouts in 50 innings as a freshman and sophomore. So he probably would've led McCort to an extra couple wins I'd imagine.
The Trib said he threw in relief last nt.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

You don't actually pick up your ticket but show it on your phone? What's the difference? For various reasons you STILL may not get to use it if purchased in advance. If you BUY your ticket at the gate, you're there!!! Even if you croak after entering the venue, you're there!!!! You got in. Didn't waste money on a ticket you didn't use.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Bair started Bishop McCort’s opener against Chestnut Ridge I believe and gave up several runs before being taken out in the third inning. I didn’t as his name again in the pitching line until his relief appearance in the playoffs.
longball5
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by longball5 »

The plan is to watch the Central Mountain game and the stay for the Central-Tyrone game. Will I need a ticket for the second game, or if I’m in the park, I’m good? Thanks.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

longball5 wrote:The plan is to watch the Central Mountain game and the stay for the Central-Tyrone game. Will I need a ticket for the second game, or if I’m in the park, I’m good? Thanks.
I’m pretty sure ur good. Last week I got to the Central game early and watched the end of the NBC/JV game and didn’t see them asking anyone leave or anything. I know several NBC folks that stayed to watch the Central game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!