Travel ball vs School ball

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Travel ball vs School ball

Post by Coach »

I’ve heard these terms more than ever this year. I’ve heard of kids not playing for their own school and instead opting to play travel ball. This issue seems strongest in baseball/softball and it seems like it’s heading into wrestling pretty strongly as well.

Will travel ball kill school ball in the next 6-10 years?
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Travel ball vs School ball

Post by Manfred »

W/o getting too political, who will be able to afford fuel, food, rooms, etc. in the next year or 2 let alone 6-10 years?
It ain't over until it's over.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Coach travel ball has already killed summer pony/teener league in our area. I believe it will overtake school ball eventually. Baseball makes no money, has no umpires anymore, and causes enough drama that I don’t even think the schools will fight it when it happens. I hate it but I think it’s almost too late to save it at this point.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Manfred wrote: May 21st, 2022, 8:11 am W/o getting too political, who will be able to afford fuel, food, rooms, etc. in the next year or 2 let alone 6-10 years?
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I’m sure the same statement was made by someone way back in 1974.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Another bad off-shoot- Travel coaches coaching school teams. I get it that teachers don't want to coach anymore and getting people to coach is difficult. But these coaches pressure kids to join their travel teams and/or favor those kids whose families are paying them thousands of dollars on the travel side.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Simply put, the ruination of many school sports and especially local town baseball!