Bedford Girls Soccer State Finals

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Bedford Girls Soccer State Finals

Post by TheAnalyst »

Bedford girls soccer defeated South Park 2-2 (5-4 PK) to advance to the state final after making it to the semi-finals last year.  Congrats and good luck on Saturday against Lewisburg!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bedford Girls Soccer State Finals

Post by 12HankQB »

That’s awesome, on penalty kicks too. Go Bison!
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

They are only the second Bedford County team ever, in any sport, to make it to the State Finals. The first was the Chestnut Ridge wrestling team in 2015. If they win, they will be the first team champion from the county. Go Bisons!!
Lionjacket
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Lionjacket »

A HUGGGEEEEE congratulations goes out to the Bedford Girls Soccer team for winning the 2A State Title 1-0 over Lewisburg. A penalty kick in overtime, by Amber Thomas, sealed the deal.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

Congrats to Bedford. Just saw on Twitter Northern Cambrias girls won the volleyball state championship this morning over Berlin. Congrats to them as well. It’s crazy how successful local girls sports have been over the last few years in all sports.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

Congrats to Bedford girls on the State Championship! They have had an incredible 4 year run, so I thought I would throw out some of their stats.
In the last 4 years they have gone 80-6 and have outscored their opponents 563-60 during that span. This year they have outscored them 158-11. Amber Thomas led them in scoring this year with 57 goals and Jenna Brown is second with 40. They went 22-0 this year and had one loss last year in the state semi-finals.
Hope I got my numbers correct (or close to it). Great job Lady Bisons!