D 5/6 AA boys playoff rankings

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
Sportsfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

D 5/6 AA boys playoff rankings

Post by Sportsfan »

Here are the top 8 so far in District 5/6 AA boys. The ranking system is from the District 6 soccer website made by Albert D'Ambrosia, the District 6 playoff tournament director.

1. Bedford 4.66
2. Lewistown 4.58
3. Windber 4.50
4. Ridge 3.92
5. Cambria Heights 3.75
6. Westmont 3.73
7. Somerset 3.46
8. Bald Eagle Area 3.11

Some teams may not have submitted all of their games, but I believe this is pretty accurate. I expect the top three to remain the same with maybe Windber and Lewistown switching spots.
futbolfrk91
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D 5/6 AA boys playoff rankings

Post by futbolfrk91 »

what do the numbers mean?
"Let your attitude before the match, set up your performance. Not the other way around."
Sportsfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Sportsfan »

I think they are the average points per game. You earn so many for a win and then extra depending on the size of the school
bsoccer3
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bsoccer3 »

what is the link to hte site
futbolfrk91
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by futbolfrk91 »

"Let your attitude before the match, set up your performance. Not the other way around."
count2infinity
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by count2infinity »

i'm reading this and i'm not sure if i'm reading correctly...

http://www.piaad6.org/soccer_07_tournam ... _2A_1A.htm

any team, as long as they apply, can compete at districts? a little odd, or is it just me
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
futbolfrk91
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by futbolfrk91 »

yea, it does say "open tournament"... idk.
Rambler10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Rambler10 »

yeah its strange any team that applies can make it into the district tourney but they only take the top 8... i dont see why if a team was in the top 8 they wouldn't apply i dont get it
count2infinity
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by count2infinity »

i don't think they take only the top 8... it looks like whoever applies is in. they have prelims, first, second, and final rounds which is enough for a 16 team tourney...
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
count2infinity
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by count2infinity »

i don't know if i quite agree with the ranking system... soccer is odd in the fact that there are many A teams that could beat up on AA teams because those AA schools don't have a strong soccer program, where that single A team does. Take for instance Fannet Metal... i bet this year no one that is a AA team in district 5/6 would feel like they would stomp all over them just because they are A. In fact, you put Fannet Metal in that AA touney i bet they end up in either the championship or consolation match. This might just be my opinion, i don't know... what does everyone else think about the rankings?