Whos the team that comes out of nowhere to make d5 playoffs?

Goooooooaaaaaaaalllllllllll
nsstud19
Freshman
Freshman

Whos the team that comes out of nowhere to make d5 playoffs?

Post by nsstud19 »

i dont know bout all u but i think north star has a chance, but fannet metal is def the team to beat in d5.
Rambler10
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Whos the team that comes out of nowhere to make d5 playo

Post by Rambler10 »

fannett metal is good but i still think rockwood is gonna take it... when they play they are a quality team and most of those guys played when they won the championship so they are experienced in that atmosphere
fmchick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by fmchick »

i agree....fannett metal is very strong and is doing very well....but it seems like at playoff games something just doesnt seem to click ...... if there was any year that Fm is to take a championship or even get to the finals ..... this would be the year though.... there is no question though that they will take sideling hill championship again....unless ridge kicks it up a notch
MountainMan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MountainMan »

Fannett Metal showed it"s weakness tonite aganest a very young NBCteam . donot think distric championship yet you are not as good as you think you are.
crazyplayer
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by crazyplayer »

Every team has a bad game. Fannett-Metal has just got done playing 3 quality teams in 4 days and then had to come up to play Northern Bedford so they were a bit off their game.
They still won the game though , and Fannett had just played Shippensburg , which by the way is a team that would destroy any team in d5 or 6 , Fannett lost 4-2 , played Riadge and won a tough game at home , and then the 3rd game lost to Greenwood 2-1 , a team that usually contends in district 3 .
My point is mountain man dont read too much into 1 game .
District 5 is up for grabs between Fannett Metal, Rockwood, and North Star , nobody else will even come close and remember Fannett has beaten quality teams so one bad game doesnt negate all the good games.
TarHeelHopeful
Junior
Junior

Post by TarHeelHopeful »

Excellent points crazy, couldnt have said it better
"Man who runs in front of car gets tired, Man who runs behind car gets exhausted"
hardball21
Junior
Junior

Post by hardball21 »

Tarheel,

Shouldn't you be out buying your fiance dinner or something? Congrats to the both of you. How's things in Scotland? Have you met William Wallace yet? Drop me a line. Did Crazy play baseball for me last year? I'm thinking he was my part time RF, maybe full time this season.....

The Tigers will be ok. Good teams find ways to win on an off night and that's what they did. Good luck the rest of the way to F-M Soccer.
4him
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 4him »

So, does Fannet-Metal actually play soccer now? From what I remember of them, they played the boot and run: BOOT the ball over the top and hope to outRUN the defense to get a one-on-one with the keeper. Never much passing, just bootin', runnin', and hittin' people.
The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, "The Lord is with you oh valiant warrior." Judges 6:12
TarHeelHopeful
Junior
Junior

Post by TarHeelHopeful »

Yes they do play the game much more correctly and effectively these days. They started that about 3 or four years ago when they new coaching staff took over for former Coach Coons. They still have their physicality but they play the game much more the way it is supposed to be played than they did before.
"Man who runs in front of car gets tired, Man who runs behind car gets exhausted"
bball22
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by bball22 »

Just a thought here. Salisbury did come from the 5th seed last year to make it all the way to the Champiosnhip game. Im not saying thats gonna happen this year, with them having to play either Fannett-Metal or Rockwood in the Semi Finals. But they are coming on strong with a quality win over North Star 5-4 to clinch the 4th seed in D5. Something to watch for and dont be surprised if they give one of the two favorites a run for their money in the semi's.