Pac 16?

The name says it all!
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pac 16?

Post by The Ancient Enemy »

What's baffling is how you can overlook the fact that WVU, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas State, etc all make sense for Big Ten expansion (regionally) and none of them were even remotely in consideration. Now, why is that? Is it because their ACADEMICS are not very good? Is it because every member of the Big Ten is an AAU school? They have to take a school w/ a commitment to academics who also can make money athletically. The eggheads don't care about women's softball or basketball, they care about collaborating and flying around the conference in private jets to have circle jerks while drinking tea and attaining enormous federal grant money for research. You're the only person who doesn't understand this.

And once again I ask: Other than Notre Dame and Rutgers, name me 5 schools other than Nebraska that make regional sense for expansion, are in the AAU, and can sustain themselves athletically? No matter who the Big Ten takes, outside of those 2 schools, they are probably going to have to lower their entrance requirement for expansion. That's why 16 teams is a possible bad idea. All the schools who meet the criteria are already in the Big Ten, which is why the Big Ten makes 900 times more money than everyone else. It is why Indiana made more athletic revenue in 2009 than Notre Dame did, and it is why the Big XII schools did not even make a THIRD of what the Big Ten schools made.

If the Big XII, who has national powers on a yearly basis (including an annual $120 million dollar football program at Texas) only made 1/3 of what the lowest Big Ten school made, how bad do you think the Big East profits were? But yet there's people on this website who would rather see the University of Pittsburgh stay in a Big East that doesn't have Syracuse and Rutgers.

Once again... Pitt fans only root for Pitt b/c they hate Penn State, not because they care about Pitt's welfare.
Last edited by The Ancient Enemy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can and will be hard anytime with or without my boyz!!!" - Hollywood

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Just wondering out loud if the Big 10 should be sending their champions to the Quiz Bowl instead of the Rose Bowl?
Last edited by Head Roadie on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
shocker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by shocker »

Is it true that the Big 11/12 is now lobbying the Ivy League schools to bump up to D1 in football so they can join the Big 11/12? After all, this expansion is all about academics and getting the best possible academic schools for research and nothing to do with football and $. Right? :lol:
Last edited by shocker on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachercoaches has a new stocker. abpk2903

I don't know if you're drunk or unintelligent. You know you spelled "stocker" wrong on your signature though right, dummy? KirkHerbstreit
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

I'm not sure what to think of everything that is going on with conference expansions right now. I'm surprised that Texas A&M is actually considering separating themselves from Texas and joining the SEC instead of the Pac 10. If they do actually join the SEC, then Texas has said they refuse to ever schedule them again in any sport. Also, they will push for every other team in the Pac 10 to not schedule them. I think Texas did what they needed to do by changing conferences rather than adding mediocre schools to replace Nebraska and Colorado. It's just a shame how many rivalries are ruined through these types of changes. Hopefully, it will all lead to a playoff in College Football. All I know is that Texas playing at Nebraska is going to be an absolute bloodbath this year. If both teams live up to their expectations, it will be one of the best games of the year.
Last edited by deliverance on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Post by colonelsanders »

Any thoughts on Kansas and K-state potentially going to Moutain West?
Last edited by colonelsanders on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

They should go right away, but how does that really help them? Kansas is a basketball school and the Mountain West does not have a lot to offer in terms of basketball. Kansas State is mediocre at best in Football and Basketball, so I'm not sure what you gain in terms of their school either. They both have to go, but it's a downgrade.
Last edited by deliverance on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Post by colonelsanders »

I can't see them fitting into the Big East. Only other viable option.
Last edited by colonelsanders on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Guys, A&M is not going anywhere other than the Pac 10 or the Big 12. They do not have a formal SEC offer, and the SEC has made it known they are not looking to add anyone "eastward" i.e. from the ACC right now. This smoke and mirrors from A&M is nothing more than them trying to convey that they are seriously on their own, which they are not. It's nothing but a ruse to convince ppl they are doing their own thing. They are following Texas no matter where Texas ends up.

Shocker, seriously, if you are not going to keep up, dont even post. This is not an academic move, but academics are one of the important factors. Have you honestly graduated from high school?
Last edited by The Ancient Enemy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
shocker
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by shocker »

Uhh enima - yeah I graditated high school, college and gradeate skool. thnk u very much! I am sure my job and life for that matter, is much better than your "c list" internet night job or local yocal newspaper day job.

If you are gonna post, please give us info./sports news hot off the presses that you have actually done. Not hours, days or weeks old stuff that you have stole, manipulated and watered down from the big time journalists. :lol:
Last edited by shocker on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachercoaches has a new stocker. abpk2903

I don't know if you're drunk or unintelligent. You know you spelled "stocker" wrong on your signature though right, dummy? KirkHerbstreit
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Graduating from 12th grade at Hyndman does not constitute "graduate school".