In all honesty...

The name says it all!
Crimson09Crazy

In all honesty...

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Should the Big 10 and Big 12 swap names? No wonder why people from around the world think Americans are stupid...The fine academic institutions of the Big 10...Nebraska including.....can't count simply to 10 or 12. Geez we got some problems

But in some seriousness, glad to see Texas staying in the Big 10(12) Would you expect them to add TCU and say Tulsa? Get it up to 12 again.....Maybe the Pac 10 to add Boise or someone from the WAC and Mtn. West to get their league up to 12.

Here is how I think it plays out.

Big Ten adds Nebraska and stays put.
Big Twelve loses Nebraska and Colorado adds TCU and Tulsa
SEC stands pat
As does the ACC
Big East Basketball only teams split with Football schools. Big East Football adds Memphis,ECU,UCF, and So. Miss.
Pac 10 gets Colorado and maybe Boise or Utah?
Notre Dame remains independent.

Super Conferences are still a thing of the future and the landscape doesn't change toooo dramatically
Just my call.
Last edited by Crimson09Crazy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
colonelsanders
Senior
Senior

Re: In all honesty...

Post by colonelsanders »

I can see Big 12 potentially going after a good MW school in TCU, Utah, or even the newest member Bosie.
Last edited by colonelsanders on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by The Ancient Enemy »

I dont think the Big XII will add any more anytime soon. The whole point of that sales pitch to Texas and OU was the fact that less schools mean more money per school, divied.

I dont think the Big Ten will add any more. We got a 12th and a conference title game, and I think that's great.

Pac-10, I am not sure what they do. They need 1 more. Everyone seems to think Utah is the choice, but I've seen nothing from the Pac-10 on this or from Utah. The schools who I personally feel will have no consideration are two names you will hear: Fresno and BYU.

Fresno is the absolute worst campus I have ever seen and that city is a bigtime ****hole. I will never go back to Fresno. Unless they get an ECHL team.

Fresno is a state school and they have little cash and bad facilities. Pat Hill does well there (he does "okay", very overrated overall, IMO) because he is good at convincing kids that they got screwed by bigger schools and they all band together through that. Hey, it works, I guess.

BYU will get a lot of hype in the media, but I cant see the Pac-10 adding a Mormon institution. This is the same argument against Baylor; the Pac-10 does not want religious-based administrations sharing their pot. Although I personally would rather associate w/ Mormons than those idiots in Waco at Baylor.

Utah opens up the SLC market and I think Utah will be the prime target, but who knows.
Last edited by The Ancient Enemy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can and will be hard anytime with or without my boyz!!!" - Hollywood

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Just in Fresno two years ago, thought it was an OK city. I was in the suburbs so i didn't get the whole view of it all. Hot as hell 100 for the 2-3 days i was there.

Hill did a few great jobs there earlier in the decade but hasn't shown me much since. Hawaii and Boise passed them over the years as the top WAC school
Last edited by Crimson09Crazy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ancient Enemy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by The Ancient Enemy »

Yeah, it was hot as hell when we were there in August. I cant believe how bad that school looked.
Last edited by The Ancient Enemy on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I can and will be hard anytime with or without my boyz!!!" - Hollywood

"Their jerseys make me want to run through the desert and tackle a terrorist." - nLions1
deliverance
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deliverance »

The Big 12 will not add anymore teams in the near future. That was part of the agreement for the new 10 team conference. I'm not a big fan of not having a conference championship anymore, but I guess I can live with it for now.
Last edited by deliverance on September 20th, 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crimson09Crazy

Post by Crimson09Crazy »

Utah gets the offer for the PAC-10.....I think they take it.