World Series Open Thread

The name says it all!
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Re: World Series Open Thread

Post by pahntr »

What is the deal with Lester and throwing to first? Does he have some kind of mental block that doesn't allow him to do it? 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think so honestly. For an ace pitcher he's very quirky. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I think so honestly. For an ace pitcher he's very quirky. 
Yes, this is garbage. How can you not even attempt to hold a runner on? or come off the mound to make a play? or do basically anything but pitch. I'd want to choke him as a manager
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Game 7 World Series Ratings - 42 M
Game 7 NBA Finals - 30.8 M
Game 6 of the Stanley Cup 5.4 M

This was the first World Series in a while, I was compelled to not only watch every game, but was into every game. Maybe it was the dual curse factor for both teams. But it was exciting baseball for sure. I can see why ratings were up for the first time since 2009. I think for next year, the most compelling World Series matchup would be a repeat. Can the Cubs turn into a dynasty, can the Indians break their curse which is now the longest?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Jon Lester can get away with because he is one of the best pitchers in the game and allows very few baserunners.  That is the key to his success.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Ratings are up because of who is involved...  Last time ratings were that high Yankees were in it.  And Lester is so dang good that he just gets the other guys out.  Kind of like most closers who don't bother holding runners.  They just get outs.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

No real dog in this hunt, but congrats to the Cubs on breaking their curse. Did they burn down Chi-town last night?
It ain't over until it's over.
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Yep, but at least we don't have to hear about it all of the time anymore...  Now the mystique is gone and they can take their place with Boston, NYY, NYM, LAD, LAA, SF, Detroit, Texas, Philly, and the Nats who just try to buy themselves a championship every year.