Christian McCaffrey

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Christian McCaffrey

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote:
konjo78 wrote:While i respect his decision to not finish the season with his team, if i were an NFL scout i would drop him on my big board for this.

One, he is letting his teammates down, and two if he is so worried about getting injured in 1 game maybe we need to take a look at the risk involved!
Watch how many NFL players sit out these next two weeks.  He is likely sitting out the bowl game with the approval of any potential future employer.
I really don't think this is the case. The NFL draft has shown teams aren't afraid to drop players who they feel show major character issues. 

Really as GM there is a handful of ways you can spin this negatively and maybe only one positive. Draft stock down for sure
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Don't blame him. Bowl games, especially second tier bowl games are glorified exhibitions.Time for the staff to see what they have for next year.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Why can't I blame him? It was his choice to fear getting hurt and to prepare for the draft. Is he going to sit out the combine too because he might pull a hammy? How about his pro day, wouldn't want to turn an ankle.

Glorified exhibitions or not his teammates all put in max effort to get a chance to win their bowl game! Its extremely selfish of a player to tell his teammates that he has no interest in playing with them because he might get hurt. He and others come off looking like scared talent and will be noticed by their drop come draft day
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Willis McGahee.   Don't remember him?......proves the point....and that game meant something.   Maybe if games were not 6 weeks past end of season it might be different 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

If Standford wins or loses this game, Christian McCaffrey gains nothing. This isn't the playoffs for a national championship. This is an exhibition game. Why would an NFL team drop him for making a smart decision. A lot of colleges don't want high school athletes playing in all-star games sooooo
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

"Christian McCaffrey gains nothing" thats the point its all about ME!!!! selfishness is a bad trait to be having on your resume going into the NFL. Its a kinda stink players like johnny manziel had going in.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

deepcreek wrote:Willis McGahee.   Don't remember him?......proves the point....and that game meant something.   Maybe if games were not 6 weeks past end of season it might be different 
Last time I checked he had a pretty successful NFL career where he got paid lots of money and was still a first round pick. So in a way he almost is a counter point to these guys bailing
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

It's an unnecessary risk. Yes, he could get hurt at a combine or pushing his cart through Walmart, but playing a full contact football game has more risk. He's already leaving his team for an entire season..so what's one more game? The underclassmen will get time in a bowl game, which will help Stanford more then McCaffrey playing one last game.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

And you're the one all about safety and shortening the season if I recall so you should be happy with this.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

konjo78 wrote:
knowitall wrote:
konjo78 wrote:While i respect his decision to not finish the season with his team, if i were an NFL scout i would drop him on my big board for this.

One, he is letting his teammates down, and two if he is so worried about getting injured in 1 game maybe we need to take a look at the risk involved!
Watch how many NFL players sit out these next two weeks.  He is likely sitting out the bowl game with the approval of any potential future employer.
I really don't think this is the case. The NFL draft has shown teams aren't afraid to drop players who they feel show major character issues. 

Really as GM there is a handful of ways you can spin this negatively and maybe only one positive. Draft stock down for sure
Will it be considered a character issue when LeVeon Bell and Ben Roethlisberger sit out the Brown game on New Year's Day?
If he was a borderline seventh round pick this might actually be taken into consideration by a potential NFL employer.