Pitt Stripe Out

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pitt Stripe Out

Post by El-Moldo »

As Cindy Lauper once sang, "Money. Money changes everything". So Franklin bought a victory? With a team ranked 172nd by Sagarin? At home? And then rubs it in at the end of the game to make him look good? As Paterno once yelled to a coach, "He's a disgrace to college football".
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

El-Moldo wrote:As Cindy Lauper once sang, "Money. Money changes everything". So Franklin bought a victory? With a team ranked 172nd by Sagarin? At home? And then rubs it in at the end of the game to make him look good? As Paterno once yelled to a coach, "He's a disgrace to college football".
And moved up a spot in the rankings...money well invested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Penn State has a legitimate shot this year at a national title. Run the score up on everyone and preserve any shutout you can. Style points matter. This isn't the NFL where you just have to get the W. The Nittany Lions need to have every reason for them to be in the show. If they lose a game, they'll need anything and everything to stay in it. Last year we were the odd team out. Zeros look much better. It's a dog eat dog world in college football. If Pitt or WVU were in the same situation, I would've wanted them to do the same.  
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Penn State will lose four games this season.  You can mark it down!  :ymcowboy:
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Penn State is not losing more than 3 games this season and the third would have to be in a bowl game. They're going 10-2 at least. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Noted.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Iowa
Michigan
OSU
Maryland
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Eh maybe, but they have like 8-9 seniors starting on defense, a Heisman trophy candidate at running back, and a good enough QB to be a threat to make the playoffs.

I haven't been very impressed with Ohio State or Michigan at this point. Penn State and Wisconsin seem like the two best teams in the league.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So PSU will need anything and everything to stay in the National Championship hunt? So beating up a weak sister fits the bill? Having a present strength of schedule ranked 148th out of 254 sure isn't going to help. No wonder a shutout looks good.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

I'm a Pitt guy and I really don't like James Franklin.  But my goodness people spend too much time worrying about what coaches do when they are up by 56 points.  He has every right to call a time out there, if for anything else, to practice for a situation like that when it really matters.  I wouldn't do it.  But he's the coach and it really didn't hurt anybody from GSU.  They lost big time either way.  He still claims that he didn't call the time out to freeze the kicker but rather to make sure his fourth stringers knew what to do.  If that is the case then we are arguing about nothing.    If he is lying then we can fault him for that but he isn't the first coach to give the media BS information.