Pitt Stripe Out

The name says it all!
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: Pitt Stripe Out

Post by Earl34 »

Teams practice wildcat for those situations.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Why am I not surprised Moldo flipped a legit Pitt question into something PSU related. By the way did u see PSU's backup QB scored the first TD of the game Saturday? I know u like to keep track of how much PSU uses their backup QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

When are you guys going to stop playing GOTCHA???? 1) Hey Earl34: You're gonna run the wildcat on the LAST play of the game 50 yards from field goal range? Good luck. 2) Konjo wants to know "Why waste a redshirt year for a QB if the team is going to have a loosing season anyway?" Hey, there are 6 games to go. Now you can experiment with him. Get him some experience. Might pay dividends in the long run. And finally, 3) DragonsDoExist: First of all, this site IS a Pitt site, hence the title Pitt Stripe Out. And since there was the insinuation that Pitt's coach made a boo-boo by playing Pickett, I just wanted to show that even so-called Great Coaches like JoePa did poorly advised things on the field. Anything else?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Pitt Stripe Out

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah how bout the example u used was complete BS. The Purdue game u referenced was the 3rd game Morelli saw action in that year after playing in both of the first 2 games of the season. He also played in a fourth game later that year as well. A for effort though! Lol

Last edited by DragonsDoExist on October 9th, 2017, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

El-Moldo wrote:When are you guys going to stop playing GOTCHA???? 1) Hey Earl34: You're gonna run the wildcat on the LAST play of the game 50 yards from field goal range? Good luck. 2) Konjo wants to know "Why waste a redshirt year for a QB if the team is going to have a loosing season anyway?" Hey, there are 6 games to go. Now you can experiment with him. Get him some experience. Might pay dividends in the long run. And finally, 3) DragonsDoExist: First of all, this site IS a Pitt site, hence the title Pitt Stripe Out. And since there was the insinuation that Pitt's coach made a boo-boo by playing Pickett, I just wanted to show that even so-called Great Coaches like JoePa did poorly advised things on the field. Anything else?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

If a true freshman makes an appearance in the first two games, he can often maintain his redshirt for that year. But halfway thru the season is a different story. SOOOOO, upnorth, YOU ARE WRONG. Morelli LOST his redshirt because ONE Hail Mary with 3 seconds left in the SIXTH game of his freshman year. Now WHAT were you saying about facts?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Actually the rules changed, it used to be a percentage of games to determine a redshirt, now if they come in for any play, the redshirt is void. It didn't matter if they used Pickett in week one or week eight, him taking a snap ended the redshirt.

The problem I have with it, this scenario came up earlier in the game. DiNucci's helmet popped off, Narduzzi looked at Pickett and called a timeout, which allowed DiNucci to remain in the game. Obviously in that moment, he was wary of playing KP. Obviously he is better than MacVittie, but that last play had a low chance of resulting in a win. At that point, they just should have had MacVittie ready as well.

That's just my opinion.

We'll see though, my opinion can change, depending on how Pickett plays and how much he plays in these last 6 games. I would like to go into 2018 with him as the starter, and I'd like for him to have some game experience to boot. If they can get him meaningful snaps, I'll feel a lot better.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah I agree if the plan is for him to get him some legit reps this year then great but if that's one of only a handful of snaps he takes all year then yes it was a boneheaded move.

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So the Morelli story stands as mentioned. Thank you. And HOW can any coach predict how many snaps one will use during a season? Look at McSorley in 2015. Hardly played during the season (if at all), but played A LOT in the loss to Georgia in PSU's bowl game at seasons end. Was THAT a bonehead move? You guys got to THINK a little.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

No the Morelli story doesn't stand. U said he had NEVER played before that day. And yes we all understand ur the only logical thinker on here when it comes to Pitt. McSorley played in half of PSU's games in 2015. Lol