Pitt Stripe Out

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Pitt Stripe Out

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

They botched the QB situation all year. You could tell in the Spring Game that Pickett was probably the most talented QB they had, but knew Browne should and would start. Also understanding DiNucci is the backup to preserve Pickett's redshirt.

It took them an injury and some bad decision making, but they finally played the correct QB late in the year and he nearly led them to a road upset of Virginia Tech and knocked off undefeated Miami in his only significant action.

Pickett's really good, but I'm not excited about the depth behind him.

DiNucci in the end probably screwed up. He was set to go to the Ivy League, but Pitt grabbed him during the scramble of Chryst leaving. Now if he has any intention on really playing going further, I think his options are limited, because he's actually not very good. He's going to have to go down to FCS or D2, because he just isn't an FBS QB from everything I saw this season.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

OT Brian O'Neill joins Henderson and Whitehead and announces he will leave school for the NFL draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Looks like DiNucci is headed to James Madison. Great FCS program there. Be interesting to see where he fits in.

You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Looks like DiNucci is headed to James Madison. Great FCS program there. Be interesting to see where he fits in.

Yes, good school, great program.  Ex Rangers Jono Petrunak and Davey Poldiak went there.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It was apparent as the season went on he just wasn't an FBS level QB.  I did want him to hang around though.  

Hopefully he can make it work at JMU, probably a better fit.