MLB Postseason

The name says it all!
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: MLB Postseason

Post by say_oww »

ChrisKentRam wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Entertaining game last night, and go figure a relief pitcher for Arizona hits a two run triple late in the game which made a big difference.  

Divisional series begin today. 
Perfect example of why real baseball (National League) is better than the American League.  You don't see things like that happen in the American League.
:-?  Really?  One time a pitcher gets a hit and its the greatest thing ever? Guess it makes up for the other 10,000 at bats where pitchers strike out or try to bunt and cant even do that.
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

say_oww wrote:
ChrisKentRam wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Entertaining game last night, and go figure a relief pitcher for Arizona hits a two run triple late in the game which made a big difference.  

Divisional series begin today. 
Perfect example of why real baseball (National League) is better than the American League.  You don't see things like that happen in the American League.
:-?  Really?  One time a pitcher gets a hit and its the greatest thing ever? Guess it makes up for the other 10,000 at bats where pitchers strike out or try to bunt and cant even do that.
I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever.  I said it is why the National League is better. There is more strategy involved.  Do I have my best relief pitcher hit so I can have him pitch more, or do I pinch hit and have the opportunity to score more runs, but have to bring in a lesser relief pitcher.  That scenario doesn't happen if this game was played in the AL. 
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

I never understood this argument... but everyone has their preference.  On a related note, why doesn't football require the quarterback to do all of the kicking???
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Pretty good day of games, obviously Cleveland stole the show. It's crazy, the first game or two of the postseason features everyone's best pitchers, and the starting pitching throughout the playoffs hasn't really been all that great.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Kyle Hendricks. Is he the last pitcher everyone thinks of when talking Chicago Cubs?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

i was surprised he was their game one starter. Of all the big names that have thrown this postseason, he's had the best start.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

For all of you long suffering Bucco fans out there, Charlie Morton is starting for Houston in game 3 of the ALCS. Yes that Charlie Morton, the guy that looked like Cy Young one start, and Charlie Brown the next 3. He was 14-7 for Houston this year. How did this happen???
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Colonel Mustard wrote:For all of you long suffering Bucco fans out there, Charlie Morton is starting for Houston in game 3 of the ALCS. Yes that Charlie Morton, the guy that looked like Cy Young one start, and Charlie Brown the next 3. He was 14-7 for Houston this year. How did this happen???
Well Charlie Brown showed up tonight...
You play to win the game!!!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Morton was really good for the Pirates in 2013.  He was the game 4 starter in the NLDS against the Cards. 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Not to defend Charlie, but Yankee stadium is ridiculous. Any ball in the air goes out.