NHL offseason

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

NHL offseason

Post by konjo78 »

First bit of "bigger" news finally starting to break. Kovalchuk to the Kings, Sherry traded to Sabres and pens looking to pick up Jack Johnson. Wondering if there will be bigger news to come soon too.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Re: NHL offseason

Post by ERAChamp »

I don't really understand the Pens trying to land Jack Johnson. He has never seemed to live up to his hype. Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't know if I would go after him.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe the Penguins and Jack Johnson will be better together. 
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

Could be - sort of how Schultz took off when he joined the Pens. That would be OK!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Remember Jack Johnson and Malkin have never gotten along and Johnson's mom spends all his cash.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

I’m disgusted they dumped a guy(Sheary) who in his 2 years was a playoff point machine and a great energy boost for a guy who’s best years were 4-5 yrs ago and a healthy scratch for Columbus in the playoffs.... if that’s how they “bolster” the D, get ready for the hockey version of those Dan Fouts charger teams of the early 80’s.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Jack Johnson is fifth among defenseman in the NHL at clearing puck out of offensive zone, logged way too many minutes for a team that's system revolves around playing in its own zone. Less minutes for him and Letang could help both plus playing on a team whose system is around offensive pressure will help as well. They also have done pretty good at transforming struggling D men (Daley, Schultz, Hainsey). Sheary had 30 points in 79 regular season games last year and 19 points in 57 career playoff games......
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:I’m disgusted they dumped a guy(Sheary) who in his 2 years was a playoff point machine and a great energy boost for a guy who’s best years were 4-5 yrs ago and a healthy scratch for Columbus in the playoffs.... if that’s how they “bolster” the D, get ready for the hockey version of those Dan Fouts charger teams of the early 80’s.
I generally always liked Sheary - as he was high energy most of the time.  But he had no goals and 2 assists in this year's playoffs.  Not exactly a "playoff point machine".  Johnson had a bad year - but maybe a change in scenery will help.  Its worth waiting to see how this will work out.. 
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

So the so called arm chair gms on here don't like the jj move boy I'm glad you guys aren't real gms
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Everyone is still allowed an opinion. I don’t mind the signing of JJ.... but hate the dumping of sheary to make room. Glad I don’t have to make those decisions. But seems to make more sense to keep the younger healthier talent . And sheary of all people.    How many Undrafted guys play that big a role on a cup team their first 2 years in the league?