Urban Meyer's time up?

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Urban Meyer's time up?

Post by El-Moldo »

I have a question for PSU fans. Are you guys really concerned about the welfare of Courtney Smith, as far as Urban Meyer is concerned? Or are you guys just interested in getting Meyer removed as head coach? From what I hear, PSU vultures are circling OSU recruits just in case they de-commit over the Meyer fiasco.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

My guess is Pitt vultures are doing the same thing
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I remember after the sanctions were placed on PSU's program, when the University of Illinois came around to talk to some PSU players. The Nits had a fit. What a bunch of cads they said. How unscrupulous they said. Kicking us when we're down they said. Guess now its OK if they prepare to do the same thing.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote:I have a question for PSU fans. Are you guys really concerned about the welfare of Courtney Smith, as far as Urban Meyer is concerned? Or are you guys just interested in getting Meyer removed as head coach? From what I hear, PSU vultures are circling OSU recruits just in case they de-commit over the Meyer fiasco.
I could care less if this was PSU, Ohio St, Pitt, usc, idaho state or washington. These type of cover up stories where someone's health/safety is at risk need to stop popping up. Courtney Smith was abused by her husband. She was told in 2009 to drop a lawsuit by people involved in the UF program, and did. 
When she was hoping for help people were more concerned with football than the health of 1 individual. The exact thing you gave Penn State grief for, rightfully, moldo is happening here. If you criticized Paterno for how he handled Sandusky situation then you need to be equally, if not more critical of meyer. When paterno found out he couldnt fire Sandusky, Meyer spent 2+ years knowing this was happening before he was forced to fire smith. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Also if meyer left Buck eye fans are right to have a fit too in a way. But its all part of a business. CFB scene is as cut throat as politics, and thats not good
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Paterno's problem dealt with MINORS who could not fend for themselves. That's the BIG difference. And I don't think Smith was ORDERED to drop her lawsuit in 2009. She was a big girl. Someone was advising her, but was TOLD to drop the suit? Like I said, if she was hoping for help, there were MANY ways of getting it other than with the football family.
ss1082
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss1082 »

Moldo, spin it how you want, say what you want. Bottom line is, by Meyer's own admission, at minimum he lied about what he knew on the 2015 incident. That's the issue at the moment, not why a victim sought help or what she did or didn't do. The question now is why lie, why not fire Smith then? I'm sure you can answer that also or at least point out why the victim is to blame. As has been pointed out before, you have no clue on how domestic incidents play out and the pressure that these victims can face. Add to that the potential pressure that could have been placed on her by the "concerns"of what these allegations could do to a big time football program......oh never mind, you said she was a big girl she could handle that. 
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

She’s a BIG GIRL?  Are you kidding me??????
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean when someone with a lot more money than you says drop your lawsuit or we will sue you idk how you can say she was given a good choice in 2009
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

If your husband treats you badly, should you run to his BOSS and tell him? There are certainly OTHER avenues to get help that make more sense. Was Ms. Smith being vindictive toward her husband? Did she want revenge for the way he treated her by getting him fired? It doesn't even make sense for her to want him to lose his job. Without employment, how's hubby gonna make those child support payments? How's he gonna make alimony payments (if required) if he ain't workin'. Did MS. Smith think things out before acting? Get professional advice before acting. Not saying her complaints weren't true, but don't act and then think later. Be careful what you wish for.