Movin' On Up

The name says it all!
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Movin' On Up

Post by 223113 »

Well, with the way Ohio State destroyed Maryland (5-6) they'll move up in the rankings again, regardless of what the teams above them do.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Movin' On Up

Post by konjo78 »

The Big 10 is extremely overrated this year. Their top teams being ranked so highly is all because branding power and money.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I think the same can be said with the ACC. What really makes the ACC a power 5 over say the american? For me its really confusing why 5 conferences just have to be called a tier above all the time.

Pitt is going to the ACC championship yet theyve been blown out by psu and ucf.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So? In 1982, Penn State was slaughtered by Alabama 42-21 on October 9th, but was still GIVEN the National Championship.
Tussey Mt. fan
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Tussey Mt. fan »

El-Moldo wrote:So? In 1982, Penn State was slaughtered by Alabama 42-21 on October 9th, but was still GIVEN the National Championship.

GIVEN??? The National Championship. I thought they earned it by beating Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I mean the #2 team voted in the polls was an undefeated SMU team. You could say it was earned or not earned but again its just rankings deciding who people think is the best, not playing on the field
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

I agree, I think it’s been a down year for both conferences...but to be fair, I don’t believe Pitt would be blown out by either of those teams (Penn St or UCF) if they played again.  The PSU game was one score at halftime until the wheels completely fell off...just like the Steelers-Panthers game, that’s unlikely to happen again.  I’d like to see them play again now that Pitt has found some competence through the air and the defense has improved.  

The rankings are what perplex me.  How was Syracuse ranked #12?  They do not have one marquee win on the season.  Yes, they played Clemson tough, but who have they beaten?  They beat an overrated NC State team, that’s it.  UCF is #11...they’re unbeaten yes, but their marquee win is against Pitt.  I agree that many times rankings are inflated for the wrong reasons.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Syracuse was ranked 12 so NDs schedule looks better now. They had no business being in the top 25, let alone 12
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Syracuse deserved to be ranked, maybe not 12 but they deserved to be ranked. Silly to think otherwise. Might not be following along with college football, but Syracuse was only one of two 2 loss teams among major conference teams this year.  

I think sometimes people assume things based off of past trends without looking at what’s happening this season. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Syracuse deserved to be ranked, maybe not 12 but they deserved to be ranked. Silly to think otherwise. Might not be following along with college football, but Syracuse was only one of two 2 loss teams among major conference teams this year.  

I think sometimes people assume things based off of past trends without looking at what’s happening this season. 
Very true. People love to dub major and power 5 conferences because of past history. The ACC this year is a very mediocre conference, especially outside of clemsom.