PSU 2019 early predictions

The name says it all!
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

PSU 2019 early predictions

Post by lhacfan63 »

Ok so now that the season is over lets talk about the coming year.

Who takes over as starter at QB Tommy Stevens the exceptional athlete and average passer or Sean Clifford the better passer but only an average athlete. Also I've heard good things about Will Levis but I count him as a distant 3rd to Clifford and Stevens.
Who becomes the starting RB my money is on Ricky Slade with Journey Brown and Devyn Ford rotating in.
I think the defense should grow despite having to replace an number of starters. The depth on the defense looks like they will be able to fill vacant spots very well.

The offensive line I think will regress slightly with 2 veteran starters leaving early.
The receivers and tight ends I think will be the strength of the 2019 team. With Hamler, Dotson, Shorter and Hippenhammer along with others means the receiving corp should be set for years to come. Freiermuth showed tons of promise and potential at TE also.
All in all I believe that PSU should have another 9-4 or 10-3 season with potential to do better than that.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PSU 2019 early predictions

Post by konjo78 »

My guess is a step back for penn state. I think other big 10 teams are getting better. I see atleast 4 BIG 10 losses happening and maybe a pitt loss.

So 8-5?
ss1082
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss1082 »

Not sure how I would feel if he lands there or how he well he may play, but rumors of Brandon Wimbush possibly transferring in could give the QB position another competitor. 
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Depends on how many “big” games they have... 
# of losses will be 1 more than number of said games
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

konjo78 wrote:My guess is a step back for penn state. I think other big 10 teams are getting better. I see atleast 4 BIG 10 losses happening and maybe a pitt loss.

So 8-5?
I don’t see any B10 team being significantly better than this year. Ohio State is replacing a top 3 coach of all time and a starting QB. They will be good, but I think their high end is a question mark 
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Lose to Iowa and Ohio State on the road and lose to either Minnesota or Michigan State on the road as well. 9-3 regular season is fair I think
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I see Trace McSorley is in the Senior Bowl this Saturday. Practices began on Tuesday. Is his broken foot healed already in 21 days?
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Hmmmm. Must have been just a boo-boo.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Rub some dirt on it and take a lap.
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I predict a lot of noise about recruiting and spring game attendance, PSU beating-up their weak non-conference foes and the lowly sisters of the Big 10, getting ranked way too high, then folding against the good and one sort-of-good big 10er, and then still getting a new years bowl.