Conference Championships

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Conference Championships

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I just think in terms of overtime, if the NFL is about ratings (every televised sport is about ratings) why wouldn't you want Mahomes to get one more chance with the ball? Besides Patriots fans, who wouldn't want to watch that?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

give me the 7 OT slugfest, on the edge of your seat. Mano a mano. You're going to bleed until someone stops the other. That's what I want.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ss1082
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss1082 »

Coin toss gives a 50/50 chance, and yesterdays results were a 50/50 split. Saints win toss, Rams force a turnover and win the game. Pats win the toss, KC cant make a stop (several 3rd down conversions) and they lose. I'm not sure any other method makes it "more fair" than what the current set up is. Tony Romo was calling every third down play as soon as he saw the Patriots formation in OT, too bad the Chiefs didn't film study with him. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think everyone wants both teams to get the ball, that’s basically it. 3 of the 4 quarterbacks got to touch the ball in the overtime periods yesterday. 
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

It works both ways though, not only are you giving KC a chance to score to tie but you also give NE defense a chance to stop for the win.

Its just an even balance thing imo
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I also do not believe it was a coincidence both games went into OT. Both games had horrible officiating calls that let it play out the way it did. NFL wanted 2 OT or last second deciding games, it was obvious
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Buffalo Wild Wings is for real!