Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Had it happened in the confines of the play, then yea whatever. But since it took place after I tend to think that's not your ordinary, "Oh people are overreacting" type of play. But to each their own.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Race has everything to do with it.  If hockey was played by big black men fighting would have been outlawed decades ago.  But we even accept it at the local amateur level.  Throw a baseball at someone's head?  That will teach them the unwritten rules.  Football is a violent game and over the years has probably had the fewest incidents similar to what happened last night.  When something like that does happen, we tend to overreact.  Believe me, had Garrett done the same to Pouncey instead, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it is being made today.
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I'm hearing rumors that this was all staged.  TMZ reporting that it was part of the filming for the "reboot" of the new "The Last Boy Scout."  

(If you have never seen the movie, this reference will make absolutely no sense).
Thanks!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote:Race has everything to do with it.  If hockey was played by big black men fighting would have been outlawed decades ago.  But we even accept it at the local amateur level.  Throw a baseball at someone's head?  That will teach them the unwritten rules.  Football is a violent game and over the years has probably had the fewest incidents similar to what happened last night.  When something like that does happen, we tend to overreact.  Believe me, had Garrett done the same to Pouncey instead, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it is being made today.
The fact that in 2019 people will still presume EVERYONE has systematic racism is insane. If this was TJ Watt on the steelers I would be calling for his release today. This is not a race issue or thing. You DO NOT see players using helmets like a middle earth weapon at someone's head in football, nor should we. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

konjo78 wrote:
knowitall wrote:Race has everything to do with it.  If hockey was played by big black men fighting would have been outlawed decades ago.  But we even accept it at the local amateur level.  Throw a baseball at someone's head?  That will teach them the unwritten rules.  Football is a violent game and over the years has probably had the fewest incidents similar to what happened last night.  When something like that does happen, we tend to overreact.  Believe me, had Garrett done the same to Pouncey instead, it wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it is being made today.
The fact that in 2019 people will still presume EVERYONE has systematic racism is insane. If this was TJ Watt on the steelers I would be calling for his release today. This is not a race issue or thing. You DO NOT see players using helmets like a middle earth weapon at someone's head in football, nor should we. 
I'm not presuming anything.  It's blatant.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

I am guessing that the NFL will be closely watching the rematch at Heinz Field in a few weeks looking for any payback by the Steelers. Also, I am sure that Steelers Nation will be very welcoming to the Browns for that game.   ;)
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

ERAChamp wrote:I am guessing that the NFL will be closely watching the rematch at Heinz Field in a few weeks looking for any payback by the Steelers. Also, I am sure that Steelers Nation will be very welcoming to the Browns for that game.   ;)
I will give credit to the browns here, most of their team (head coach included) called it out immeaditely and condemned it publicly. Tomlins response at the press conference needs to be the way players handle the game in 2 weeks. 
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

New rumors in. Pittsburgh Pirates and Bob Nutting staged the entire fiasco to hide the fact they hired a GM today.
Thanks!
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Go on the Cleveland Browns football forum and read the last couple pages on Myles Garrett.  WOW.  People stating he should not of gotten any punishment or that of severe punishment.  Unbelievable what couple people posted but I guess I am not surprised I suppose.  

Read the Milk Man's comments.   Stated Rudolph should get same punishment as he was kicking Garrett in the privates etc..  
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don’t know, I think the issue would be the same had TJ Watt tried to kill Baker Mayfield in a similar fashion.