Steelers discussion

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers discussion

Post by konjo78 »

Since tomlin was hired only 1 team has gone to the superbowl more: New England. I only believe 2 other teams have gone twice like pittsburgh: Denver and Seattle. The rest have only been able to go once.

Next I want to say only new england has gone without a losing season during Tomlins coaching career as well.

By those two measures during tomlins era its safe to say steelers have been a top 5 team during that stretch. If you arent happy with a top 5 org during a coaches 13 year tenure idk if you will ever be truly happy
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

But then again we could fire tomlin like the giants forced coughlin out and end up looking like them for the next 5-10 years
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

To add to this, antonio brown played 1 game with new england and is now released by them.

Wow
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

GoldenRamFan, which part of my post makes you think I have a problem with different opinions? 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Didn’t say your name when I said about the opinions. I said it about politics. And racism is HUGE in politics. It’s whats been dividing our country since bush was in office.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

The racism that I am around really bothers me to the core. People who have zero life experiences to base it off of. They simply go with it because they're parents or siblings or friends have these ideas. These individual and their beliefs have nothing to do with politics. Of course I'm not speaking for all of western pa. Now, as far as Tomlin, I said I just wonder how it factors in when I hear criticism of him. Especially when its individuals who know nothing about football. That's all. I'm just curious. I dont know that there is any truth to it. 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Fred Clown show. Sign Babe Laughenberg , Norris Weese and Stanley Brundy....
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

https://www.timesonline.com/sports/20190921/chris-mueller-rudolph-has-no-margin-for-error-and-tomlin-is-to-blame

Interesting read as the Steelers sit 0-3. I like the comments about how the last 7 years 1st rounders have been defense.  Sure not gonna hit on all, but dang.

Tomlin a defensive backs coach, and the secondary hasn't developed.

Chris Mueller, is probably not anybody tho.  His opinions are probably trash.  

Yet staring down the barrel of 0-4 with the Bengals on the card.

Madden weighs in:

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-coaches-live-in-their-fears-with-game-plan/

Yep gave up the 1st rounder next year.  At this point, it may be looking like traded away the 5th pick.
Thanks!
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/articl ... e-hot-seat

Crap, seems like I broke the story a little early last week.  LOL.  This guy must be a pearhead too.
Thanks!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

That person we traded for created multiple turnovers last weekend.

Defense/secondary werent the problem last weekend. Pittsburgh's defense created 5 turnovers. The offense was the reason we lost to an undefeated team. I have faith we will beat the bengal. Our opponents W-L record right now is 8-1, so its not like the steelers have played "easy teams"