Had to be from Johnstown

The name says it all!
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Had to be from Johnstown

Post by abpk2903 »

I feel like 100% of the people that are siding with this old bigot are white people that ever received a letter belittling their appearance.  
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

Even Charlie knows to stay out to of this one!
Thanks!
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

everett wrote:And WTF is 'had to be from Johnstown' subject line??????  Not sure at all what that had to do with this topic?
Probably because places like Windber and Bedford are way more open-minded and culturally diverse than Johnstown is. 
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

If you "read" my original post, not just the headline, you would understand. When i posted "It had to be from Johnstown" i meant when i read the cringeworthy letter i was sad it came from my hometown. Not that Johnstown itself it racist. I played on a college football team that was 80% black. My "johnstown" area team was 1% black. My college teammates know me to be from johnstown. I dont live in moxam but i identify as johnstown. My johnstown area school was racist. I went to college with an open heart and mind and made life long friends. It is a shame you all give Dave a pass but i get it. I just hope you dont give teenagers rhe same pass and try to educate them. Thank you Jim, i dont always agree with what you say. I lean a little more towards penn state then putt but i will shake your hand when i see you. You make me proud for a little to be from the area!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LOL! "calling a spade a spade". Geez, I wonder.....what was the origin of that phrase? LMAOROFL.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Came from Ancient Greece I think. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Back in those times I believe it might have been 'calling a Nubian a Nubian.'
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Never knew there was a prejudicial connotation to that saying. 
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Anyone remember Antonio Shelton? He was the player/friend of Sutherland who called out Petersen as a racist on twitter for sending the Sutherland kid the letter about his hair. Well, well, well. Shelton was disqualified from the PSU/MSU game today in the 4th quarter for "spitting a loogie" on a MSU defensive player. Maybe since Shelton spit on a white player, HE should be called a racist.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

Nowhere in the letter did he say I hate your hair because you’re black. He said the long hair looked disgusting. I don’t know of a white player on Penn States roster so not sure how anybody can make the judgement he “didn’t send one to the white kid”