Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by El-Moldo »

Late Saturday night, before they put the paper to bed, I can hear the higher-ups at the Tribune saying, "I know the Penn State game was the biggest college game of the year, but forget them. Let's poke a little fun at the Panther fans and lead-in on the front page with Pitt's humiliating loss to the Hokies. We'll mention Penn State's 'almost comeback' in the sports section.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Marsha Marsha Marsha
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote: November 25th, 2019, 7:58 pm Late Saturday night, before they put the paper to bed, I can hear the higher-ups at the Tribune saying, "I know the Penn State game was the biggest college game of the year, but forget them. Let's poke a little fun at the Panther fans and lead-in on the front page with Pitt's humiliating loss to the Hokies. We'll mention Penn State's 'almost comeback' in the sports section.

Whats the bigger suprise story.

1. Pitt losing to a worse opponent that would of let them potentially make the ACC title game. Lost 28-0

2. Penn state losing to the #2 team in the country?

Game of the year is a stretch, that was easily alabama vs LSU
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

If your conspiracy theory is true moldy, It would impress me. That's a heck of a lot more thought into it than I wouldve guessed. And you have the biggest Pitt fan in the world in Jim and he doesnt think there is anything to this. I know nothing other than what you've said but I'm going with jim here.

To solve this once and for all you need to ask your D6 official friend. When he gives his answer than the debate will be settled.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Correction: I was wrong. Moldy isnt the one with the D6 official buddy. I'll redact that from my previous post.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Pitt getting shut out and blown out in a game that was supposed to be close was a bigger headline than Penn State losing which everyone expected. What would your preferred headline be??
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Are you saying that UNRANKED Pitt ( with no honorable mentions ) getting shut out in a rainstorm at Va Tech was a bigger headline than 8th ranked PSU missing out on a chance to play for the national championship? Really? As for a headline, how about "Penn State's slow start prevents Lions from playing for National Championship". And konjo: Like I said, The PSU/OSU game was the highest rated college football TV game this season. What can I say? And Va Tech was NOT a worse opponent than Pitt, and played at home. Nice try guys.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

So you would rather Pitt get less attention then? WJAC already covers Penn State like flies on shitake mushrooms. You want the Tribune to drop Pitt to the back page? The title wouldn't be slow start it would be, "OSU miscues give PSU hope for a few minutes only for Lions to fall short". I don't know if I've ever seen anyone so up an arms over this. Who cares...a couple local schmoes write a paper you don't like. Switch to another paper, burn the Tribune in your shrine to Dave Wannstedt.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I also worked at a Sam's Club in college.

Since we are on conspiracy theories - Charlie has a few!

Yes, journalists often have secret agendas and push narratives. Especially those in the back, they click the light on and off when I say certain things.

Next, and perhaps the biggest scandal to ever hit the BleacherCoaches world. The Bromance between Konjo and JimJohn81 is actually a creative cover up. Both of the accounts are controlled by 1 individual. They show up in pairs, back to back post :-\

Also, if you don't like the Tribune Dems coverage, don't buy it. They are like the failing New York Times, they will be out of business soon.

Penn State this, Pitt that, who cares. Like your team, or your alma mater, whatever. If I don't like the media coverage, I change the channel, don't buy the magazine, don't buy the paper.

Another really cool job I had, I worked for a surveyor for a summer.
Thanks!
CharlieConway
Senior
Senior

Post by CharlieConway »

I kid I kid. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Thanks!