Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
Scarlets1992
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by Scarlets1992 »

First of all, tough to respond to anyone who starts a sentence with "irregardless". Secondly, think about what you said:. Upj has the same following as Penn State?? Where is the population of the market??? They get stories because people care. I don't...you don't, but other people do. You have an unhealthy obsession with something insignificant. Don't watch the story or read the article. Move on. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T DO WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE HAS DONE.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

How did you get UPJ has the same market as Penn State our of what he wrote? Pitt has the same market as Penn State because of UPJ being located in Johnstown. Your claim that Pitt is not in WJAC’s market was made by some weekend parttimer at JAC once upon a time. Then why do you cover the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates was asked. The fact is WJAC behaves as though it is the public relations arm of the university located at the eastern edge of its viewing area at the expense of the city at the western edge of its viewing area that it is headquartered in.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

The word "irregardless" is found in many dictionaries. It means "regardless", which is the preferred word. Irregardless, in his first post, Scarlets should have said Johnstown-Altoona-State College are in the same market AREA. Why does Channel 6 or 8 "cotton up to" those from Blair or Centre County? Instead of being true to the locals of Johnstown, they flatter or fawn over those from the other areas in hopes of receiving favorable treatment. They will play up to those from other areas for financial reasons. Favor the Nits, and it will pay dividends.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

knowitall wrote: December 30th, 2019, 10:25 pm How did you get UPJ has the same market as Penn State our of what he wrote? Pitt has the same market as Penn State because of UPJ being located in Johnstown. Your claim that Pitt is not in WJAC’s market was made by some weekend parttimer at JAC once upon a time. Then why do you cover the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates was asked. The fact is WJAC behaves as though it is the public relations arm of the university located at the eastern edge of its viewing area at the expense of the city at the western edge of its viewing area that it is headquartered in.
Knowitall is not one of my favorite posters on here, and I'm sure that is reciprocal. But he's nailed it in his reply to Scarlet, and actually backing up El Moldo. WJAC recently ran a 70th anniversary special showing where it got its start, and its continuity. They actually used to get their headlines and stories directly from the T-D. They used to have a single half hr. at 6 PM to 'report' what they had. Now it's an hr. & a half, of thrice-repeated stories, and thrice-repeated weather reports every half hr., from "reporters" who don't have any memories or public speaking skills who can't function without READING it off their hand-held phones/ computers. Where is that much-anticipated electromagnetic pulse to bring people back to reality.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I’m still trying to figure out where he got the idea Barkley didn’t do anything on the field. He still rushed for 1,000 yards despite missing 3.5 games with an ankle injury and his YPC was 4.6 this year vs 5.0 last year. All with losing OBJ do more eyes were on him. Any team would be better with Barkley
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Patriots losing (and losing a first round bye) at home while a 17.5 favorite is a national sports story. WJAC can't help that a Penn State alum caught the game winning touchdown. What I just don't understand is why they are covering Harvard? Harvard is so far outside of the viewing area yet they had to show Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing a touchdown.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

The Gesicki mention in the NE game was about HIM, not about the game. The game was secondary to a PSU alum scoring the TD. Then came the Steeler game summary, with the lead being Trace McSorley taking the initial of the game. How important was that to what happened in the game? And who cared about Barkley's TD run. His run meant NOTHING to the final score. A simple Eagles beat the Giants would have been sufficient. All this and you can't get simple local high school basketball scores and wrestling finals during the week. Funny how the local sportscasters can dig up such benign crap, and fail to mention what the viewers really want. Puff up the Nits any chance they get.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

What has Penn state done to you and moldo to scar you so bad.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Neither team mentioned in the OP is still playing. I'd be mildly surprised if tonight's sports @ 11, or whenever, gives some bowl coverage or scores. Guess I'll have to tune in to ESPN for that.
It ain't over until it's over.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I had a friend who's girlfriend broke up with him after a few years. She was way too hot for him and everyone knew it. He bawled and whined so much on Facebook that he made several other friends quit Facebook all together because they didnt want to unfriend him. I just unfriended him. Well Moldy and manfred, I'm afraid you two are doing the same thing here.