Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by konjo78 »

El-Moldo wrote: January 1st, 2020, 1:42 pm Who reads a paper in 2020? Lots of people who have NEUTRAL feelings for college sports. Your attitude is, get on the computer and only read what you want. So if you don't like Trump, you should only watch CNN or MSNBC. When you purchase a newspaper, you should get ALL views of a subject, not just have one side shoved down your throat all the time. I'm sure a lot of older people, for example, are out there day after day reading blogs, tweeting and using Facebook, right? I don't think so. And you don't think that pushing a certain school has it's benefits to that particular school? Slighting an area school has it's detriments too. It all comes down to fairness. And by the way, for those who want to see KJ Kamler on film again (now that he has declared to the NFL), be patient. A few years from now, if he scores a TD for some team, channel 6 or 8 will do an exclusive expose on it.

The notion that Moldo and Manfred have neutral feelings for college sports might be the top joke in the new decade.

Its going to be hard as hell to top that one... They are the furthest away from neutral you can get
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Speaking of furthest away.......I see the Ducks pulled off a win over da Badgers. In a local pool I actually picked da Ducks. So yeah....I guess I'm not 'neutral'.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

konjo knows not of what he speaks. Everybody likes or hates different sports teams. I still don't like the Atlanta Braves going back to the days of Andy Van Slyke. BUT, public service venues should at last remain neutral to some degree. I expect Tallahassee newspapers to favor Florida State. I expect Gainesville TV stations to favor the Gators. But in places like Johnstown, where they have a branch campus of a major university, I DO expect at least an equal coverage with other nearby teams.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It's a cruel world, ain't it.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Cruel indeed. While I think there are a fair amount of Pitt fans in Johnstown, but the vast majority of WJAC’s viewing area are probably Penn State fans. WJAC is the NBC affiliate from basically Somerset to the New York border And everywhere in between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg for the central part of the state.

So WJAC is headquartered in Johnstown, but it serves a larger area beyond Johnstown. So once you have Blair, Centre, Clearfield etc. counties involved you can kind of see why they pay attention to Penn State a good bit.

Life is just unfair sometimes.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

So you are saying that WJAC, "serving millions from atop the Alleghenies", sacrifices fairness and equality to attract customers? Then what harm would there be in INCREASING their coverage of Pitt sports. After all, channel 6 reaches pretty far west Even people in Blair, Centre and Clearfield counties aren't that interested in PSU girl's softball highlights. That shouldn't attract viewers. Nope. There's got to be another reason why channels 6 and 8 just favor PSU.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe they are brainwashing millions to be PSU Softball fans. Now THAT would be a story.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

I think it's the women's lacrosse team that excites everyone , all year long. (I'd rather watch milk curdle)
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Let's hear it for Channel 8 sports tonight. After hearing all week that Penn State is just not a football school, but a basketball school too, NOT ONE THING was mentioned about the Nits losing at Rutgers tonight, 72-61. And the game was early enough so no excuse about highlights not being available. NOT EVEN A MENTION! Of course they did a story on two PSU wrestlers who are hurt, and how Baylors football coach (who played his football at Penn State) is now the new coach for the Carolina Panthers. Who cares about Ruhle? What about local wrestling and other sports tonight? Just get Penn State in the news (and nothing bad of course). That's what counts. Unbelievable!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Who cares
If only closed minds came with closed mouths