Penn State at Ohio State

The name says it all!
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Penn State at Ohio State

Post by El-Moldo »

Those who realize how biased local TV can be in their sports coverage, that's who. And you can bet if PSU would have won last night, this would have been channel 8's lead story. Remember, don't make PSU look bad.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

WJAC sports tonight:
1. High school hoops highlihgts from Richland, Johnstowm, Westmont, Forest Hills, Bishop McCort and Philipsburg-Osceola
2. Pitt men's basketball over North Carolina at Chapel Hill
3. Saint Francis men's volleyball over Stanford at Loretto

The words "Penn State" were never uttered. I guess softball didn't play.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Just so we don't forget the local newspaper: No report on the girls FH @ CC game last night from Ebensburg. It's a local phone call from Ebensburg. Since many of you claim it's up to the home team to report. Their game was over, and the bus was back at the school before the end of the boys' game in Sidman. Can't use the excuse it was "too late to make the print".
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

So Central Cambria just chose not to call, basically.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Richland and Westmont squared off in boys and girls swimming at UPJ last night. There are more swimmers than wrestlers and basketball players. Other than coach called in results, there has been no coverage at all of the local high school swim teams in the Tribune Democrat since their seasons began in December.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

For upnorth: Knowing that Pitt beat North Carolina on THEIR home court, I chose not to watch Channel 6, but instead flipped between WTAE and KDKA to be sure I saw some highlights. This morning though, for Channel 6 NEWS at SUNRISE (which runs from 5 am to 7 am) I watched THEIR sports coverage from yesterday. It was 4 minutes long. They DID cover some high school basketball highlights (Richland, Johnstown and BM girls) and St. Francis volleyball. That was good. But there was NO MENTION of Pitt upsetting NC (a perennial power) on the road, or the contract extension of Pitt's head coach thru 2026-2027. Again though, the night before we all had to hear that Baylor's head coach Ruhle (who played his college ball at Penn State) was given the job as coach of the Carolina Panthers. That really was significant to our local sports fans, wasn't it?
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

Please contact the station manager at Wjac and complain. Contact the company that owns Wjac and complain. Then please contact the regional NBC affiliate ask for that manager and complain. No one on this message board can change anything. None of us to my knowledge run Wjac sports.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

If you have DirectTV they want to discontinue carrying the local NBC affiliation anyway. How much of a loss would it really be? WTAJ covers Johnstown better than the 'local' bunch. Now if we could get the Mirror on this side of the ridge.....it would almost be a win, win.
It ain't over until it's over.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Honestly, I didn't realize this many people watch the evening news or read the newspaper.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Many of us still use dial up internet.