Steelers Draft

The name says it all!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers Draft

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

According to cbssports Claypool was the worst pick for the Steelers. I didn’t like the pick, but only time will tell.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Everything I have seen had Claypool as late 2nd -3rd round. Where did you see him rated as a first rounder?

I love arm chair posters that criticize other peoples posts using made-up facts.

And yes I hope all of these guys do well and I will cheer for them. The post asked for an opinion of the draft. Should we only post positive, supportive stuff? That would be boring.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Kiper had Claypool going in the first round in one of his mock drafts from a few weeks ago.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

That's funny, because when the Steelers were picking at 49, Claypool wasn't in Mel's top 10 available. I remember thinking that I would be happy with any of the top 5 guys he had listed.

I hope he turns-out to be a stud.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Colonel Mustard wrote: April 29th, 2020, 6:06 pm That's funny, because when the Steelers were picking at 49, Claypool wasn't in Mel's top 10 available. I remember thinking that I would be happy with any of the top 5 guys he had listed.

I hope he turns-out to be a stud.
6’4-230+ and 4.42 timed.... as long as he catches better than Dwight Stone or more recently Moncrief he’s ok.
As far as Mel goes, I believe I share Jim irsays’ opinion of him lol
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Let's see the guy ran one of the fastest times in the draft, is 6'4", came from a top program at ND where he averaged a TD per game last year, ND is a great academic institution (so you know he can't be that big of a dumba$$), ND plays a real schedule so you know he faced good competition throughout the year, he is 6'4" and runs a 4.4, oh yeah, he is 6'4" and runs a 4.4.

How the hell does a guy with those measurables and coming off a 66 catch, 1,000+ yard, 13 TD season at Notre Dame get a 3rd or 4th round grade??? Please find me a source for that so I know never to trust a thing that person says ever again.

But hey, let's take DK Dobbins.

I don't understand people's obsession with getting a RB. The best backs in the league rarely are on great teams. Patriots never have a "feature back", Philly won the Super Bowl rotating 4 backs, KC won the super bowl the year after losing their "feature back".

Name the last Hall of Fame (or Hall of Fame bound) running back to win a Super Bowl. To save you some time, it was probably Jerome Bettis in 2005 when he was no longer the every down back and in the twilight of his career. The last HoF caliber back to win a Super Bowl while still in the most productive years of their career was probably Marshall Faulk 20 years ago or Terrell Davis in the 1990s.

Every down running backs don't really win you NFL football games.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

ND had 3 big games last year. Georgia, Michigan, and USC. Claypool had a combined 11 catches. Not one game over 100 yds and 1 TD.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe Ian Book was just bad in those games.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I guess so if you don't consider a top 25 UVA team that played in the Orange Bowl a big game. Or a 10 win ranked Navy team. Or Virginia Tech.

Heck 9 of their games were against above .500 teams.

I would guess that anytime you pick out a teams 3 hardest games, their best players would probably average under his season average for yards and TDs.

Chase Young didn't have a sack the last 3 weeks when they played Michigan, Wisconsin, and Clemson. Maybe he should have slid into the 5th or 6th round.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Lol comparing chase young to Claypool. That’s idiotic. I’d be willing to bet Claypool is out of the league in 3 years. I forgot ND is known for their WRs. Will Fuller and Golden Tate comes to mind and that’s it.