BLM Floored

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BLM Floored

Post by konjo78 »

knowitall wrote: August 28th, 2020, 2:10 pm
konjo78 wrote: August 28th, 2020, 2:08 pm A hypocrite is definitely 100x worse than a whataboutism statement
Even when the whataboutism statement is used to mask one's bigotry?
In that situation the person is being a hypocrite so its a multiplier of 2 bads.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Fixing systematic racism is obviously the driving force of the movement, but that's a pretty broad assumption to think basketball players are simply OK with gang murders. Pretty sure they are against all murder.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 2:12 pm Fixing systematic racism is obviously the driving force of the movement, but that's a pretty broad assumption to think basketball players are simply OK with gang murders. Pretty sure they are against all murder.
Yet we dont see them coming out every day talking about the changes that could help black lives in those communities in situations.

I dont think they are ok with gang murders, or any murder, but if you want to be active in making black lives better (as should all of us) you cant ignore real issues then complain when they are brought up
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 1:55 pm Has Cannon Hinnant's murderer been arrested?
I believe that the cop that kneeled on George Floyd's neck has been charged, but yet the protests and riots continue. What kind of changes are the protesters really seeking? I doubt that police departments have different policies for minorities. You are talking about changing mind-sets and in-grained biases, and I don't know how you do that.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 9:28 am
The NBA basically responded to the COVID-19 pandemic better than the federal government, and they've done a good job of speaking out on social issues as well.
Why hasn't the government quarantined me in a luxury hotel in Orlando with personal chefs, massage therapists, and a basketball court to hang on with my friends?? You're right, the NBA has handled Covid way better than anyone. Ha ha!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Colonel Mustard wrote: August 28th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 1:55 pm Has Cannon Hinnant's murderer been arrested?
What kind of changes are the protesters really seeking?

I think they want cops to stop killing people.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Colonel Mustard wrote: August 28th, 2020, 4:09 pm
Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 9:28 am
The NBA basically responded to the COVID-19 pandemic better than the federal government, and they've done a good job of speaking out on social issues as well.
Why hasn't the government quarantined me in a luxury hotel in Orlando with personal chefs, massage therapists, and a basketball court to hang on with my friends?? You're right, the NBA has handled Covid way better than anyone. Ha ha!

Lock down, constant testing, etc.

And actually acknowledging there was a problem in the first place. The NBA responded faster by shutting down games at their arenas before the rest of the country really followed.

This whole covid response has been a disaster and we should be back to normal by now.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm

I am sure if you asked cops what can be done to stop this from happening majority of the time it would be to stop resisting arrest when armed.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Crimson's Ghost wrote: August 28th, 2020, 4:41 pm

Quit committing crimes. Then the police wont arrest you
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Has George Floyd's officer been arrested,?