2008 Track

PIAA- Track and Field
fmchick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2008 Track

Post by fmchick »

actually im not sure....after coach mellott retires i doubt there will even be a track team and "no use for a track"
pennstatefootballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by pennstatefootballfan »

exactly! but they sure do have a lot of people this year!
{{ jr.firefighter }}
{{There's tears and there's fears and there's losses and crosses to bear...And sometimes the best we can do is just to whisper a prayer...There's so much to live for and so much to love...In this beautiful world}}
Jolly Green
Senior
Senior

Post by Jolly Green »

Don't give up the idea of getting a track and getting the sport recognized by your school. This is exactly how Berlin's program started 6 or 7 years ago. After three District 5 championships for the girls team (2004, 2005, 2006), and a boys team that was competitive, a track and field facility was finally built last year. If you can build some enthusiam and get enough people behind the program, great things can happen.
If you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else.
LionDad77
Junior
Junior

Post by LionDad77 »

By all means don't give up. Track & Field is a great sport & helps keep you in shape for your other sports.
Keep trying to get more athletes involved then hit up the Board with your parents and Coach.
pennstatefootballfan
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by pennstatefootballfan »

oh i'm not in track but i know what you mean but nobody was willing to run the track program(no pun intended) so if and when mellot retires we will probably have one!
{{ jr.firefighter }}
{{There's tears and there's fears and there's losses and crosses to bear...And sometimes the best we can do is just to whisper a prayer...There's so much to live for and so much to love...In this beautiful world}}
fmchick
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by fmchick »

i didnt intend my last post to impose pitty......it would be very nice to have a track but i think weve done very well without it so far...maybe its b.c most of us live with a feild around or behind our house so its not like we arent used to running in feilds or up and down a road....but all in all it would be very nice and would give the track team a great boost!
WE ARE RICHLAND
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WE ARE RICHLAND »

Quinn Mcquaid threw the javelin 500 yards last monday. He is a rising young star.
LionDad77
Junior
Junior

Post by LionDad77 »

That would be 1500 feet. Someone should be checking about a new world record :roll:
FAHShockey1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by FAHShockey1 »

im not going to lie... when i was watching mccort practice their sprints.... bill foust was looking like the fastest kid i have ever seen before, he is going to set a lot of records this year
CRSOCCR
Junior
Junior

Post by CRSOCCR »

Well track season start this week, so lets hear your predictions.