MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The question is with any level of football.

When is a turnover forced? Like you said, BG committed five turnovers, but does the pressure applied or coverage actually factor into the equation? I'm saying this about any game, but since we're talking about the McCort-BG game....It just sounds like BG's lack of an effort is getting more credit for the loss, than McCort getting credit for making the plays to the win.

sportsfan, he may crawl out of his shell at some point today. My guess he is watching the Panthers today.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

When I watch the BG game tapes this year I see a team that is a really simple offense. Unlike portage and Penns manor who run the ball non stop they don't have the 3 or 4 options for their team. Their defense worried me last night because mccort got the edge. You lose the edge to ferens the score will be 37-0 by halftime.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

jack daniel wrote:Like Crimson said McCort's defense made BG one dimensional. When they tried to run the ball there was nowhere to go, and Irwin was harassed all night when he tried to throw and that led to INTs and sacks. Plus, with the exception of the Richland game, BG had not allowed more than 14 points in a game this season to go with 4 shutouts and McCort hung 37 on them. Also, as Crimson pointed out, McCort has got the best special teams in D6 A. Yes it will not be easy, and I'm sure if McCort plays Bellwood it'll be another instant classic like it has been each of the last 4 seasons. But if McCort plays like they did last night I don't see anyone in D6 A stopping them. However if they play how they did against Somerset, CH, or the way they played offensively against Richland then they are very beatable.
You mention Bellwood but no Penns manor? After that instant classic last year Penns manor went to Altona and destroyed Bellwood. Portage plays similar to Penns manor. Idk if I'm too excited to be going to Kenwood to play a comets team that scores at will and doesn't give up much of defense.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

I know Penns Manor won it last year but just because you score at will against all the A teams in the Heritage doesn't mean it will be the same story against Bellwood, McCort, Portage, BG, etc.. Look at Ligonier Valley the last 3 or so years they win almost every game 42-0 and then once playoffs come around they can't do anything. I'm not saying PM isn't any good because they are, I'm just saying they won't be able to score at will come playoff time. It could very well be a PM/BM first round game and if it is it could very well be the best game of the weekend. However I would still have to say McCort would be favored in that game.
WildCatz
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by WildCatz »

I havent seen bm play this season but I'm sure they are tough either way that would be a good game
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I agree wildcatz. wouldn't call them favorites though. I will say i don't expect the comets to be an offense that drives the ball on teams with great defenses but what they do best is big plays. Thats how they score, either a big play td or a big play to the goal line. I don't expect them to gain 5+ yards every play but i do expect 4-8 plays a game where they get 40+ gains. Thats what they did against bellwood and other D6 teams last year. Thats how they win.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

I don't give Heritage or WestPac teams credit very often, but they usually don't deserve it. Beat up on bad competition then get to the playoffs, and with the exception of PM last year, bow out as soon as they play better competition.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

jack daniel wrote:I don't give Heritage or WestPac teams credit very often, but they usually don't deserve it. Beat up on bad competition then get to the playoffs, and with the exception of PM last year, bow out as soon as they play better competition.
I imagine if both BG and BM lost in the first round the D6A coverage on this site will hurt because none of the LHAC fans will want to talk about other teams being better than them.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

I will talk about whoever is still playing... Always gotta root for the local teams after districts no matter who it is.
StraightOuttaPortage
Junior
Junior

Post by StraightOuttaPortage »

jack daniel wrote:I don't give Heritage or WestPac teams credit very often, but they usually don't deserve it. Beat up on bad competition then get to the playoffs, and with the exception of PM last year, bow out as soon as they play better competition.
huh? Considering we won 5 playoff games in 3 years from 08-10 losing in the sem-finals one year, losing the finals in another, that makes no sense whatsoever. Again, the last 3 teams we lost to were Bellwood and Mccort twice and the last one was a td game on a real field. To act though like we haven't won any playoff games isn't true we've beaten people from all conferences other than those two schools and 1 probably shouldn't even be playing single-A. I think Mccort is obviously one of the favorites again but to act like it's a forgone conclusion that they're going to win d6 is kind of idiotic.
Last edited by StraightOuttaPortage on October 27th, 2012, 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.