Re: MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

Post by WildCatz »

I agree and we should have some great games
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Cmon, sporty. We barely played good enough to win last night, and ALL you can find to cry about is a postgame non-compliment? LMAO. Maybe you and Moldy should take it out to the apple orchard at dawn with percussion pistols.
It ain't over until it's over.
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfan1000 »

Manfred wrote:Cmon, sporty. We barely played good enough to win last night, and ALL you can find to cry about is a postgame non-compliment? LMAO. Maybe you and Moldy should take it out to the apple orchard at dawn with percussion pistols.
Apparently you didn't catch on to my sarcasm. I was mocking your friends hissy fit he had a few weeks ago regarding this and how silly it looks. Trust me, I really dont think its a big deal whether you compliment your opponent in the media.

On a side note, Ive seen every team in the lhac play this year and besides Richland I think this conference is waaayyyy down this year.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

StraightOuttaPortage wrote:
jack daniel wrote:I don't give Heritage or WestPac teams credit very often, but they usually don't deserve it. Beat up on bad competition then get to the playoffs, and with the exception of PM last year, bow out as soon as they play better competition.
huh? Considering we won 5 playoff games in 3 years from 08-10 losing in the sem-finals one year, losing the finals in another, that makes no sense whatsoever. Again, the last 3 teams we lost to were Bellwood and Mccort twice and the last one was a td game on a real field. To act though like we haven't won any playoff games isn't true we've beaten people from all conferences other than those two schools and 1 probably shouldn't even be playing single-A. I think Mccort is obviously one of the favorites again but to act like it's a forgone conclusion that they're going to win d6 is kind of idiotic.
I never said it is a forgone conclusion BM will win D6 A. I said if they play how they did last night they will, but, they've been so inconsistent this year I have no reason to believe they will play that way. And yes Portage has won playoff games the last few years but your argument proves my point. You mention how the last 3 appearances they were eliminated by Bellwood and McCort twice, that's what I meant by the as soon as they see better competition in the playoffs they lose comment. And just to touch on your playing McCort on a real field comment. Does that mean if the '08 game was played on grass, or a "real field" as you call it, Portage wouldn't have got taken to the cleaners? Because I believe that is idiotic.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Well I think mccort always losing to competition that is better to them too :p
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

sporty, I was using the absurd to illustrate the absurd. The result is lost on most people. And for the record, I don't always see or respond to each and every Moldo post the way you seem to. Thus the "pistols at dawn" comment.
It ain't over until it's over.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Getting back to topic, at least in AA, everyone can take something from scoreboard watching. The statewide scores this week reaffirms what alot of us already knew. Whoever comes out of 6AA, will be able to hang with anyone. AAAA Central Mountain put one on AA honorable mention Athens...Tyrone , D6AA probable 5th seed had CM 26-6 until under 4 minutes when the JV went in and it ended up 26-18. You all know who I'm pulling for to come out, but no matter who it is, they'll have as good a shot as anyone and hopefully , we'll all be pulling for whoever that is.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Hang with anyone? I'm not so sure. Aliquippa is better than last year, and I don't believe any District Six team is as good as 2011 Tyrone. Richland is my favorite to do anything though. They have a balanced offense, and pretty good lines on both sides of the ball. And enough athletes to be able to make some plays. Aliquippa may have a little too much.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I did say hang with...not necessarily beat anyone...but hey, we had no business on the field with the Quips twice and are 2-0 vs them....have faith brother.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein