D6 A and AA Playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: D6 A and AA Playoffs

Post by jack daniel »

Barring upsets next week looking like Crushers at Comets in the first round, rematch of McCort's 45-14 beat down of PM in the 2009 semi-finals. These are two very different teams however, should be a good one.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

jack daniel wrote:Barring upsets next week looking like Crushers at Comets in the first round, rematch of McCort's 45-14 beat down of PM in the 2009 semi-finals. These are two very different teams however, should be a good one.
If that mccort team was playing this year they would win d6 no doubt
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

One week to go, yet so much is still unknown in the playoff picture. Here is a rundown of the basics for each team and where they could finish. So many seeds/berths look like they will come down to 10 points here or there so it is impossible to list every scenario but if you have any questions on a specific team let me know and I'll try to give you a more detailed answer. Here we go....

D6 A
Bellwood Antis- Clinched the #1 seed.
Portage- Will clinch #2 seed with win, or could fall the whole way to #5 with a loss.
Penns Manor/Juniata Valley- My projections have JV finishing ahead of PM by 10 points but an upset here or there could change things. If they both win and Portage wins, these teams will end up 3 and 4 but if Homer upsets Portage, they will move up to 2 and 3. Either could drop to #5 with a loss.
Bishop Guilfoyle- Will mostly likely finish at #5, barring an upset loss by any of the top 4.
Bishop McCort- All but locked into the #6 seed.
Northern Cambria/Homer-Center- Both would clinch a playoff spot with a win and would most likely be out with a loss.
Glendale- If either NC or HC falter, I have Glendale as the next team in. They should beat Ferndale and move up.
Blacklick Valley- Tricky scenario here for the Vikings. It looks like they need NC and HC to lose and also for Mo Valley to lose to Blairsville for them to squeak in as the 8 seed. Would be tough to miss the playoffs at 7-3 but it very well could happen.
Moshannon Valley- Looks like they need a win plus losses by NC and HC to get in. In that scenario I have them tied with Glendale for the 7 seed, but Glendale would win the tiebraker with their head to head win.
Blairsville- All but eliminated. Needs a win and lots of help to get in.

AA
Richland- Clinched the #1 seed.
Central/Ligonier Valley/Cambria Heights- If all win this week, the 2-4 seeds will come down to power points. My projections have Central getting the 2, Heights getting the 3, and LV the 4. Again though these could change very easily with an upset somewhere. A loss by any of these teams could possibly drop them the whole way to #6. That's how close it is folks.
Tyrone- Will most likely get the 5 seed barring a loss by any of the three above teams. Could drop down as far as 7 with a loss.
Forest Hills- Will most likely get the 6 seed. Could move up a spot or down a spot based on the results of Tyrone and Bald Eagle.
Bald Eagle- Most likely stuck here at 7. However, an upset win over Ligonier Valley this week would move them up a few spots.
Juniata/Penn Cambria- It's this simple. If Penn Cambria beats Somerset they will get in. If PC loses and Juniata wins, Juniata will get in.

Remember, with the way power points go, 10 points here or there could change seedings. I tried to do the best I could explaining them all but it is still pretty confusing. Again, if anyone has a question about anything particular just ask and I'll try and answer it for you. Can't wait till after this week when all that will matter is what happens on the field.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

konjo78 wrote:
jack daniel wrote:Barring upsets next week looking like Crushers at Comets in the first round, rematch of McCort's 45-14 beat down of PM in the 2009 semi-finals. These are two very different teams however, should be a good one.
Call me a homer if you wish, because I probably am since I was a senior on that team, but that McCort team would beat a hell of a lot of teams.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

jack daniel wrote:
while78 wrote:
Call me a homer if you wish, because I probably am since I was a senior on that team, but that McCort team would beat a hell of a lot of teams.
Yes best d6 A team in a long whole
Warrior1554
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Warrior1554 »

Still true that seeds 9-12 will play in week 11 "for fun"?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think that would be a good idea. Get to wrestling and Basketball season without risking further injury.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Warrior1554 wrote:Still true that seeds 9-12 will play in week 11 "for fun"?
No they dropped that due to lack of interest from the schools.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

What happens if two teams finish with the same points total. If I calculated it correctly its possible for Penns Manor and Juniata Valley to tie.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Tiebreakers for District 6 Playoff Qualifiers:
1. Head-to-Head
2. Record vs Common Opponents
3. Opponents' Winning Percentage
4. Coin Toss