MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: MY D6 Rankings A and AA: after week 9

Post by sportsfan1000 »

Eaglealum wrote:Getting back to topic, at least in AA, everyone can take something from scoreboard watching. The statewide scores this week reaffirms what alot of us already knew. Whoever comes out of 6AA, will be able to hang with anyone. AAAA Central Mountain put one on AA honorable mention Athens...Tyrone , D6AA probable 5th seed had CM 26-6 until under 4 minutes when the JV went in and it ended up 26-18. You all know who I'm pulling for to come out, but no matter who it is, they'll have as good a shot as anyone and hopefully , we'll all be pulling for whoever that is.
I just dont see it. Did you see what Aliquippa did to Beaver Falls on the thursday night game last week. They absolutely embarrased them. This week Beaver Falls goes and beats one of the best AAA schools Central Valley. I think Aliquippa is on another level this year.
Warrior1554
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Warrior1554 »

The Quips just have so much speed and talent. Beaver and Beaver falls are great WPIAL teams, and they both got destroyed.
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

Richland, who is arguably the best team in D6 AA, (+28) vs The Quips.
Last edited by jack daniel on October 28th, 2012, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
Coach
Website Founder
Website Founder

Post by Coach »

JD, WHAT???
Make sure you Like BleacherCoaches.com on Facebook! Make it easier for us to reach you!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/bleachercoaches
jack daniel
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by jack daniel »

Massive typo on my part lol, fixed it.
"some may say you just got lucky, i personally believe you make your own luck by being good."
StraightOuttaPortage
Junior
Junior

Post by StraightOuttaPortage »

jack daniel wrote:
StraightOuttaPortage wrote:
jack daniel wrote:I don't give Heritage or WestPac teams credit very often, but they usually don't deserve it. Beat up on bad competition then get to the playoffs, and with the exception of PM last year, bow out as soon as they play better competition.
huh? Considering we won 5 playoff games in 3 years from 08-10 losing in the sem-finals one year, losing the finals in another, that makes no sense whatsoever. Again, the last 3 teams we lost to were Bellwood and Mccort twice and the last one was a td game on a real field. To act though like we haven't won any playoff games isn't true we've beaten people from all conferences other than those two schools and 1 probably shouldn't even be playing single-A. I think Mccort is obviously one of the favorites again but to act like it's a forgone conclusion that they're going to win d6 is kind of idiotic.
I never said it is a forgone conclusion BM will win D6 A. I said if they play how they did last night they will, but, they've been so inconsistent this year I have no reason to believe they will play that way. And yes Portage has won playoff games the last few years but your argument proves my point. You mention how the last 3 appearances they were eliminated by Bellwood and McCort twice, that's what I meant by the as soon as they see better competition in the playoffs they lose comment. And just to touch on your playing McCort on a real field comment. Does that mean if the '08 game was played on grass, or a "real field" as you call it, Portage wouldn't have got taken to the cleaners? Because I believe that is idiotic.
So what your saying is we've been the third best team in 6A the past few years? I'm not claiming we've been better than Mccort or Bellwood. I, like most people, don't think Mccort should be playing single A so that would leave only Bellwood. Again, I still don't get how anyone can sit there and say we haven't won playoff games when the fact is we've won more than almost anybody in the district the past few years. As far as 08 Mccort was clearly the better team and would have won either way but trust me it was a factor and would have been a lot closer than what it was if played on a real football field, but like you said, that Mccort team may have been one of the better teams in the state so maybe instead of moving down to chase a state title you guys should have stayed in AA and probably would have went further.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I was never a fan of the move down to A. But clearly the 2011-12 McCort teams did not look like a AA team by any stretch of the imagination. Thats my opinion. And they only moved when they were eligible too. McCort was AA when they were actually a AA school, they weren't Aliquippa or Jeannette and played "up" they truly were a AA school.

Now about the 2008 Bishop McCort-Portage game. I've heard of turf teams playing on grass being at a disadvantage, but this is the first time I've heard about a grass team being disadvantaged on turf. What would be the reason for that? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just curious.

But from what I saw in that game. McCort won that game up front, not because of the fast track of Mansion Park. McCort had a better line on both sides of the ball. I don't see where grass changes that. Lowry,Seidel,and Wadley were all great backs that could have started for any team in the District that season. They hit the holes. They were mostly on good drives, not a whole lot of big plays.

I'll rewatch the film now. Maybe I'm mistaken.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Well if you aren't a fast team it hurts. But last year the turf helped Penns manor 100%. Portage is a face paced team. You know who isn't, bishop guilfoyle
StraightOuttaPortage
Junior
Junior

Post by StraightOuttaPortage »

I'm not saying Mccort didn't win the game up front but I don't think they were as dominant as you make it seem. The biggest difference was speed no question. There were quite a few times we had a guy stopped in the backfield and they ended up getting away basically untouched. Watch no. 30 who was one of the fastest kids in the area never got around the edge. I agree if you that it goes both ways but you guys also had experience playing on both. Everyone has played on grass. Portage had no experience playing on that type of surface other than practice days before the game. I have no doubt Mccort was the better team i'm just saying that definitely made a difference.
sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sportsfan1000 »

I'm actually shocked Portage fans are even bringing up that game. If I were a Portage fan I would pretend that game never happened because BM kicked Portage's a$$ all night long.

Btw, I'm not a mccort fan. As a matter of fact I dislike the fact they have had some great players go there instead of staying at greater johnstown. That being said, I went to that game actually hoping to see Portage win. What I saw was a beatdown. As a matter of fact it was a waste of gas, time, and admission money going to that game. Portage didnt belong on the same field as mccort let alone talking about how grass could have made a difference. Please.