Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Has anyone seen Clairton yet this year?

Post by youngbuck »

Just curious
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Has anyone seen Clairton yet this year?

Post by 12HankQB »

well I don't think any one wants to watch a crappy lopsided game. They've outscored their opponents 300-13 through 4 games...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
NeutralGuy
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by NeutralGuy »

I saw Clairton destroy a pretty good Greensburg Central Catholic team in week #3. 54-0 at halftime and it could have been more. Final score was 74-0. I've seen lots of HS football, never seen a team as fast and as talented as Clairton. My only issue is the starters played well into the 4th quarter and the starting QB played the whole game. They did take a knee on two extra points

Until Clairton plays Cardinal Wuerl in the WPIAL title game they can name the final score of every game.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

How for a public school are they so talented year in and year out??? It's insane!!!
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

I
QuoteTheRaven wrote:How for a public school are they so talented year in and year out??? It's insane!!!
It's called a system. When things are going well the kids will buy in. I believe it is good that this is a public school because if otherwise, they would have been slapped with the recruiting label in 2009 when they won the state title. And the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that. People should realize it is not solely teams but Programs.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Keep in mind though, it is a good program, but it is a suburb of Pittsburgh. People move a few miles and they are in another district. A coach can change a lot as well. This program never really won until a few years ago. North Catholic announces they are building a new school, and out of no where they win a state title.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
FBMan14
Freshman
Freshman

Post by FBMan14 »

I saw Clairton vs. GCC earlier in season...The Clairton offense is very impressive they have a new offensive coordinator this year he is running a no huddle spread...Clairton has always had good offensive teams but this change in offensive style has made them much more explosive...Clairton defense was very tough the new HC was the former Defensive coordinator - so much speed... fun to watch. I believe they are averaging around 70+ points per game.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Keep in mind though, it is a good program, but it is a suburb of Pittsburgh. People move a few miles and they are in another district. A coach can change a lot as well. This program never really won until a few years ago. North Catholic announces they are building a new school, and out of no where they win a state title.
I don't think you have people migrating to Clairton. Sure it's a suburb of the city, but most people wouldn't choose to live there if they are moving into the area. The kids that are doing this are all local kids with families that have been there for a long time.

I get that argument, people move to Pittsburgh more frequently than our area. Because people are new to the area and have sports and school districts in mind would likely choose to live in places like Thomas Jefferson or North Allegheny, and you see schools like that sometimes get sons of Steelers and Pitt coaches or sons of ex-players...that kind of thing. You don't and probably won't see that much with Clairton.

I also wouldn't call NC's title due to the new school. They've always had some strong athletic programs, the basketball team has enjoyed some success this decade. The present North Catholic and the new one are going to be two totally different things. Your taking a tiny little parochial school located on the North Side with an enrollment probably around 300 kids and you move that to the suburbs and it's going to be a AAA maybe even AAAA school some day that can rival Central Catholic. People are excited about the move, but the group that won it last year didn't even see the new building, and this group only has one year there. But with the new school, and the area they put it in, North Catholic won't be single A much longer.
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

D6sports101 wrote:I
QuoteTheRaven wrote:How for a public school are they so talented year in and year out??? It's insane!!!
It's called a system. When things are going well the kids will buy in. I believe it is good that this is a public school because if otherwise, they would have been slapped with the recruiting label in 2009 when they won the state title. And the year after that, and the year after that, and the year after that. People should realize it is not solely teams but Programs.

I get that but their are other "Systems" or "Programs" across the state who are historically good, Aliquippa from the WPIAL is another one who comes to mind, but NO ONE at ANY classification level A-AA-AAA-AAAA in the PIAA has been able to rival what Clairton has done in the past 5 or so years. It's incredible really
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

http://triblive.com/sports/kevingorman/ ... z3ERKQx8vZ

Down to 25 healthy players? That's Conemaugh Valley size.