How Far Can MU Go?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Warrior1554
Sophomore
Sophomore

How Far Can MU Go?

Post by Warrior1554 »

For anybody that was at the Bellwood-MU game, what did you see from Mount Union? How far can these guys go in the playoffs? Do you think they can get through D6 playoffs and into the state playoffs?
jayjay6218
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: How Far Can MU Go?

Post by jayjay6218 »

Simply. No. If they play like they played against BA against Tyrone, Central, or FH the game will be over well before the 4th quarter.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think any team this year in AA is good enough to do much beyond District Six.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I don't think any team this year in AA is good enough to do much beyond District Six.
Agreed. Last year's Central was better than any of this years teams by a good margin and they did not even win a state playoff game.
PsuDfense30
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PsuDfense30 »

lhacbigfan wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:I don't think any team this year in AA is good enough to do much beyond District Six.
Agreed. Last year's Central was better than any of this years teams by a good margin and they did not even win a state playoff game.
Hickory, who Central lost to last year, has pretty much everybody back and looks good so far this season. Not saying they have no chance against them, but compared to other years, this isn't the year for D6.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

I don't know about FH but central and Tyrone would blow MU out.... Theyll get to semis and lose
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

I feel we can play with and beat anybody in 6 AA if we execute.
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

As far as D-6, start watching the AA ratings when posted weekly and speculate your points through
the 10 game season. I see no bumps in the Trojan schedule. However some games still remain
with "A" teams. Central looks clean with the only question marks @ Chestnut Ridge and home with
Ligonier Valley. Tyrone looks clean with a question mark with Clearfield playing at Tyrone and a new
coaching staff bringing Central Mountain to Tyrone. Forest Hills has some large roadblocks with BG and Bedford.
I feel if they go 10-0 their sure of 1 home game before Mansion Park, their schedule may keep them
from having 2 at home with the points. Still a long way to go yet just let it play out.
It is what it is but with the overall team speed on offense and their defensive pursuit feel they'll be
at Mansion for the finals.
Beyond that it just gets harder every week. Take one game at a time.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

They won't even sniff Mansion
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

I don't understand the venom. From what I saw, MU could've hung 35-42 on BAif they didn't kill themselves in the first half. They have the goods. My only hesitation with them is, after BA what tests will they have? Tyrone alreadyplayed 2 "playoff" games with BA and Central, and have 3 more on tap before the playoffs(Ridge, Clearfield, and AAAA CentralMountain). And similar with Central. Point being, if they(MU) come out with "jitters" vs Central or Tyrone, they'll be down more than 7-0 at the half.
They got the players to do it. Just have to wait and see. That's why football is so fun, about the time you think you know...,, you find out otherwise.BTW, Juniata very well may booger seeds up and go undefeated. It'd be a shame to see MU/FH winner traveling to Tyrone for semis.
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein