How Far Can MU Go?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: How Far Can MU Go?

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It's just the typical A schedule as a AA team that seems to be worrying everyone.
Eaglealum
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Eaglealum »

Their talent is legit. Their schedule is an achillies. With a (pardon the pun) Young staff, they may want to think about jumping leagues if they plan on being there perennially .
"Don't argue with stupid people; they'll drop you to their level and beat you with experience."
.... A. Einstein
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

MU can play with anybody in District 6 AA. Schedule and lack of seed points may cause a lower seed come playoff time.

Biggest problem with the team is eliminating mistakes. You can't put the ball on the ground repeatedly against quality competition.

As for jumping conferences / leagues, talk to any MU coach. They would all love to say goodbye to the ICC.
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Not much reason to leave the ICC, we're one of the smallest AA teams in the district. It's only a matter of time until enrollment falls again and we're back to A in football.
spikes
Junior
Junior

Post by spikes »

They missed the cutoff by one. So they are pretty much a A team. I also agree that if they wouldn't of had such a bad first half the score would of been much higher. With Bellwood scoring nothing. That score was nothing but a slip in coverage. If they were on their game that score woulda never happened and then it would of been the shut out it should have been. Yes, I was at the game and watched it again Saturday when it was re televised.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Spikes they missed by 8, cutoff for A is 175 and the are at 183. The Quips are at 133 and petition to play AA football. I think it comes down to one thing. Does the ICC makes sense for all sports.

I know in the mountain league, the strength of the schools change depending on what the sport is.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

IMO Mount Union still has one game on their regular season schedule that they will need to show up for. They play @TM in week 9 with a good chance the Titans will be 7-1. I've seen Tussey once and they played Central tough and that game COULD have been closer than then the score represented. Tussey also does have some speed. I still like a double digit victory for Mount Union in that game.

The big question for me is will Mount Union be the Chestnut Ridge of the mid-2000s. They had great athletes, great teams, and cut through the majority of their ICC schedule like a hot knife through butter. They usually ended up with a middle to low D5/6AA seeding due to lack of points. Usually the more battle tested team came in and took them to the woodshed. Is this Mount Union team better than those Ridge teams? Possibly IDK but those Ridge teams were loaded with size and talent.

Also, speaking of CR. If you have a conference that fits your size and geographical location, you better keep it. I don't think a few year high water mark for Mount Union gives adequate reason to move to a new conference. CR started jumping around and burning bridges and look where they are at now. Plus as a AA school in the ICC, MU has to be careful not to win too many games or they will be given the boot (sorry, I had too).
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Its just like the Laurel Highlands now only playing conference games. Makes it hard to gauge the talent.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Before anyone jumps on that, it wasn't meant in a bad way.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

I really think Bedford is the only legit AA team in LHAC this year and they are D5. CC, FH are ok in my opinion but not enough to get past elite from other leagues.