Has anyone seen Clairton yet this year?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Laloosh
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Has anyone seen Clairton yet this year?

Post by Laloosh »

Clairton 56-13
ridethepine
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ridethepine »

Speed Kills & they have plenty of it.... The front line is no slouch either... enough said....
I think Tom Nola might want to kick himself, for leaving ??? :-o
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

I watched the game last night when I got home. Wade is electric. I was surprised by 2 things.
1 Clairton only dressing 25 players
2 How poor the tackling was. They may be electric and can put up points but man horrible tackling on both sides.
Would be good to see touchdowns after broken arms tackle stats.
CW North Catholic will tackle and play a more pro style game.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Clairton isn't so big and bad, they are just a class A football with small numbers but crazy good talent. People want them to move up to AA, but even that would take a toll on them.

How would they stack up locally? Would they beat Somerset? Or would their size neutralize their speed to a degree?
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

It is hard to say. In a full season Clairton could not play AAA and be successful because of injuries and depth. I do believe in a one game series they could play with most anyone in AAA. I think Somerset would blow up that jet sweep up, but Clairton would score 21 - 28 points in my opinion and win if Clairton was fully healthy. They have some serious athletes and the difference between this team and maybe the team that played McCort in state championship is they have a real offense now and a kid that can kind of throw. I really like Somerset as well, but when a team beats traditional powers GCC and Jeanette by 74-0 and 58-13 scores, you have to take notice. I'll have to look at North Catholic, but I'd have to see something serious from them to think they could weather the storm of athletes coming from all directions. But it will be an interesting matchup to see.

I think Clairton is different than the Aliquippa team Tyrone beat a couple of yeard ago as well. Aliquippa has a bland, vanilla offense.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Clairton would dominate any team in District 6. They are crushing everyone in the WPIAL. Jeannette was 5-0. Greensburg Central Catholic is no pushover either. In the playoffs their games will get closer, but not by much. The next meaningful game they will play will be in the WPIAL finals against North Catholic. My opinion would be that no team (regardless of class) in District 6 would be able to play with them. A few may be able to stay within 21 points.
PLDragons24
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PLDragons24 »

If someone is going to hang with them it's going to be a big physical team that can control the clock and wear them down. No one is going to beat them in a shoot out.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Altoona, State College are D6 AAAA and would handle them. That would be a bridge too far for CLairton, but under AAA I'd have to agree.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

PLDragon, you nailed it. I watched the game too and the way you beat a team like that is to play flawless football AND smash them in the mouth all night. Come playoffs they'll not be as daunting.
D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by D6sports101 »

I think clairton could keep up with state college and altoona. It's not the number of kids, it's the amount of talent. Both teams put 11 on the field so it doesn't matter how many are standing on the sidelines