Shareef Blough ejection

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Shareef Blough ejection

Post by youngbuck »

Figure this will be a hot topic to discuss.
What did the ref felt happen to eject a player in the opening minutes of the game.
I would have to think that a punch was thrown.
No doubt about this was an absolute game changer, taking away the biggest weapon from Forest Hills.
Curiously Don did not protest or even ask for an explanation at the time it occurred,
Anyone know which official actually made this call, looking for an actual name.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Shareef Blough ejection

Post by billmurray »

curious, why on earth do you need the refs name?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

It was an alleged punch. The game films will show what actually happened. This could be a case where the official never sees what provoked what "could have been" a retaliatory action. His presence was missed IMO more on defense. The difference in this game, also IMO, was NOT kicking the PAT, instead going for 2 and not getting it. A Donoughe rollout keeper would have been my call.
It ain't over until it's over.
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

If in fact he did throw a punch. It does not matter if it is retaliatory, or what provoked what. A punch is a punch and an automatic ejection. And as you see from junior high to the nfl. It is always the retaliation that gets caught. So even if he was "retaliating" he should have been smart enough not to do it.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Why should the fans be able to know the officials names
I think that if an official is able to make a call in the second series of the game then we should be able to know who It was
There was more after the whistle pushing and shoving that went on than just what sharif was involved in but no other official felt it necessary to eject anyone. What is the difference between a one handed shove, a slap and a punch. Who has not seen a game this year where there was some pushing or a questionable punch?

I do not believe that johnstown beats FH with Blough on the field

Now I agree that if he threw a punch he should have been ejected, the rules are rules for a reason,
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Blough would've been the second best player on the field to Gibson. Would've been great to see those two matched up
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

youngbuck wrote:Why should the fans be able to know the officials names
I think that if an official is able to make a call in the second series of the game then we should be able to know who It was.
Lighten up, Francis. It's a high school football game.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

youngbuck wrote:Why should the fans be able to know the officials names
I think that if an official is able to make a call in the second series of the game then we should be able to know who It was
There was more after the whistle pushing and shoving that went on than just what sharif was involved in but no other official felt it necessary to eject anyone. What is the difference between a one handed shove, a slap and a punch. Who has not seen a game this year where there was some pushing or a questionable punch?

I do not believe that johnstown beats FH with Blough on the field

Now I agree that if he threw a punch he should have been ejected, the rules are rules for a reason,
I'll answer you...nobody needs to know the name of a HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL official. It's high school football for petes sake. Second, an ejection is NOT an individual decision...the entire officiating crew discusses it to make sure it's warranted. The ejection happened, get over it.
ss10
Freshman
Freshman

Post by ss10 »

As mentioned earlier he could have walked away....also you mention that Coach Bailey didn't argue....maybe he knew it was legit.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Spoke to FH assistant today
Tape was reviewed no punches were thrown he is eligible next week